Friday 11 September 2015

Masterboard and Clematis




Hi crafters, what a beautiful day it was yesterday, hope you got to enjoy the sun.  I was fortunate to be out of the office all day spending it at Upnor's Arethusa Venture Centre with all of our new intake of Apprentices, we do a team building exercise with them :o)

So this weeks card is based on the technique we did at the workshop last Friday, masterboards.  I chose the London Blue and Lemon Zest for mine.


The masterboard was created using the Anna Marie Designs Super Smooth card, I used the Woodware Mini Brayer to place the Dylusions Paint into two corners and then down the opposite site, turned the card around and used the blue again in the corners and sides.  I continued to colour up the card with both the colours until I had the result I wanted.  Then got a squeezed baby wipe and used White Linen to knock back the colour slightly by dabbing it on the card randomly.  

I then used the Imagination Craft Honeycomb Stencil and the blue dabbing it through lightly.  Then stamped a few images from the Hobby Art Decorative Background  in the blue and yellow  again stamped until I was satisfied with the result.  I then used the Silver Imagination Craft Starlight's and  some bottle tops and dabbed them over the coloured card, and to create the straight lines I used an old plastic card.

Once I was happy with the board I used the heat gun to speed up the drying process so I could get on with the card.

I used a 7" x 7" card and stamped all around the edge with one of the little decorative stamps using Versafine Black Oynx.  I decided at this point to cover the whole card with acetate, by just gluing the corners and covering that with a gem.  Then decided which section of the board I wanted to use for the strip and to stamp my chosen image.  Cut a strip of black card and layered the section of masterboard onto it.  

I wanted to use the Lisa Stamps by Imagination Crafts Clematis Elements for this project and stamped the largest clematis onto plain white card using Versafine then stamped again onto the master board using Staz-on.  I also stamped two of the little stamps so I could cut them out and layer up the image.



So the card was put together by creating a strip across the card then the image on white card and paper pierced with the stamped master board, I then stamped a single clematis onto the horizontal strip and again layered it up with a stamped masterboard image.  I added a little sentiments using the masterboard as a layer and a few gems.

Here's a close up and the card again.



I hope you're all enjoying the masterboard technique, see you again next week.
Love Jan -x-





5 comments:

  1. Funky masterboard Jan, such a different effect with the harder brayer! Love the effect of the hint of starlights xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martina :o) Next weeks is going to be a bit of red, blue and white x

      Delete
  2. Lovely post Jan, really love the colours....hugs Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card, Jan, I love the combination of blue & yellow.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.