Wednesday 24 September 2014

Rusted Crackle

 
Morning all, I'm covering Lisa's blog posts this week while she & her new hubby, Paul, are on honeymoon.......

 For today's card I went a bit dark & grungy...........

 
 
 I applied Imagination Crafts Crackle Medium to a piece of Anna Marie Designs vintage card. (This is very nice, 250gsm card stock. There are six A4 sheets in a pack & each sheet is a different colour & has a different vintage script/newsprint/dictionary page on it)
 
 
 
 
I brushed on the crackle medium (if you missed my post about crackle medium, you'll find it HERE) & when it was dry, painted on a layer of MS Beetle Black acrylic paint.......
 
When that was dry, I applied Bronze Brocade Silkies with my fingers over the non-crackled areas.........

 
 
I stamped the Woodware Clear Magic mini flower onto white cardstock eight times with Onyx Black Versafine ink & heat set with clear embossing powder, then cut them out. I sprinkled on dark blue Imagination Crafts' mica powder, then spritzed with water & dried with my heat tool.............
 
 
To make the flowers I sprayed each flower with water, put a brad through them one at a time & gently crumpled them up - depending on the weight of the card stock you use, you might lose a petal or two doing this, but I think it's worth it - then I dried them with my heat tool. You could also leave them to dry on their own, but I was impatient. When they were dry I swiped Stormy Sky distress ink over them.
 
I cut labels with a Spellbinders' die & painted them with Bronze Brocade Silkies, one went behind the flowers. I stamped 'love' from the Hobby Art Alphabet Typed stamp set............
 
I also mixed some of the blue mica powder with water & used a paintbrush to flick it over the card & the flowers.........


 
I finished the card with a metal corner, some pearl pins & a gingham bow.............

 
 
Crackle Medium   Silkies Bronze Brocade   Mica Powders - Starlight     Vintage      Mini Flowers
 
Beetle Black Alphabet Typed Stormy Sky Distress Ink Pad    VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black       Black Gingham Ribbon    Hobby House Pearl 8mm Brads Vintage Mix    Hobby House Pin Wheel Ivory Teardrop    WA01 Clear Gloss  
 
Thanks for visiting the blog today. We're in the last week of September, but if you're thinking of entering the blog challenge, you still have until Saturday, October 4, at 11pm. I'll be back on Saturday, so until then, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. Another fantastic card. Love the wood effect on the paper and the metal effect on the labels, both perfect for the ever difficult male cards. I might have to lift this design...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.