Saturday 27 September 2014

Crackled Glass

 
 
Good morning, happy Saturday. Kirsten here again, covering Lisa's Saturday post while she's on honeymoon.
 
I wanted to see if the Imagination Crafts' crackle medium would work on glass & it did, as long as you prepare the surface first..............
 
 
 
 
Start with a clean surface & brush on a very thin coat of a matte medium - I used Mod Podge, this will give the CM something to stick to. Leave it air dry thoroughly. Once it's dry, brush on the crackle medium. I varied the amount I used; more on some areas than others. Again, leave it to air dry thoroughly.
 
When the crackle is completely dry, brush on your chosen acrylic paint. Try for even strokes & don't go back over the paint, this stops the crackle from happening. The cracks should start appearing immediately.................
 

 
 
I painted the bottle with Silkies - Sunshine Satin, Sunset Satin & Tuscan Satin & added gold stickles. And because I couldn't leave the bottle empty, I made two OTT flowers from the Woodware
Clear Magic stamp 'Georgina' & its mini version, some painted card & chopsticks............
 
 
 
 
 
Crackle Medium     Silkies - Sunset Satin     Silkies - Sunshine Satin      Silkies Tuscan Satin   Georgina   Glitter Glue - Gold      Hobby House Pearl 8mm Brads Bright Mix
 
 
Thanks for looking. I think that's the last of my crackle medium projects, I'll be back tomorrow with something else.
 
Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. Lovely idea for a unique but cheap vase! The Imagination Crafts crackle medium works and boy does it work fast when you apply the paint. My tester piece is drying as we speak...

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.