Tuesday 31 July 2012

Crafting Event Samples, part one


Hello blog visitors, Kirsten here.  I hope your Tuesday has been wonderful.  It’s grey & chilly here, so I guess our Summer was the few nice days we had last week.    Did you read Lisa’s epic post about last Saturday yesterday?  If not, you can find it HERE.  Between us we’ll be posting more photos of the day along with various samples in the coming days.  Everything is available &  Lisa is working hard to get it on to the website as soon as possible.  If you see something you like & there isn’t a direct link to it, please contact her at enquiries@lisabdesigns.co.uk  .  Today I’d like to show you a few things I made with Graphic 45 12x12 papers.  If you haven’t used G45 products before, I can recommend them.  Their papers are great quality, with lovely & sometimes quirky, vintage images.

Here is a mirror from that well-known Swedish furniture company.  I covered it with the pink, textured paper & cut elements from the Glimpse of Paris kraft paper.  I inked each piece with Victorian Velvet & Tattered Rose Distress inks & distressed the postcard by scratching the edges & crumpling it.  I was happy when I checked my collection of Card candi & found ones that perfectly matched the green, and drawn dress that I put on the dress form.

DSCF4557


Next is a little accordion book.  The covers are ATC –sized, which I covered with lilac coloured textured paper.  The kraft paper inside is G45’s very pretty Elusive Wings, which I coloured slightly with Vintage Photo distress ink & then spritzed with mica powders in water.

DSCF4564


DSCF4565

Finally for today, here is the Queen of the Butterflies.  I have no idea why I saw a paper doll when I looked at the Parlour Wall sheet, but I did.  The butterflies are Kanban stamps, which I stamped onto Neenah Classic Crest card & coloured with Spectrum Noir pens.  I added Glossy Accents to the eyes to give a little dimension.  The queen is hanging on a wall in my craft room now & she is still making me smile.

DSCF4563

Products list:
Before I go, I'd like to remind you that the new challenge is up.  Click on the link to go directly to the challenge page, or click on the page above.  Lisa & I really hope you will take part, the prize is a voucher to spend at Lisa B Designs .  We started this challenge a few days early, but from September on they will run month to month.

Don't forget the Maidstone class is this coming Friday, August 3.  Any of you who were at the event on Saturday will have seen the card we will be making.  I think you'll agree that it is gorgeous.  If you would like to attend & haven't already signed up, email Lisa.  She can tell you if there are places available.

Thanks for stopping by, either Lisa or I will be back tomorrow.  Until then, Keep crafting!

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.