Saturday 14 July 2012

A Box of Lavinia Loveliness


Hello blog visitors, hope you are all well.  See the image above?  The Paper Crafting event?  It’s TWO weeks away.  I hope you have the date in your diary, we are looking forward to seeing you.  The weather may be miserable, but a day of crafting happiness & inspiration is not to be missed.  And when you see the gorgeous goodies that Lisa has for you to buy.  I had a sneak peek earlier this week & there are LOTS of new items, from stamps, to papers, to inks, to ribbons & much more.  I’ve also seen the planned layout of Fant Hall & it’s looking great.

Lavinia 6

Team LBD are busy making samples & planning our demonstrations.  Rosemary will be doing make & takes, I’m serving up various techniques with Distress inks & stains, with some Adirondack inks & paint dabbers on the side.  Don’t forget we have Jenny Mayes of Hobby Art & Helen Meighan of Helidot joining us & of course, Lisa will be demoing too.  There will be refreshments, including an assortment of delicious cakes – whether you have one or several is entirely up you.   So, save up your pennies, raid your piggybanks & join us on July 28.

Lavinia 7

Lisa has been travelling the country demoing at various shows.  Last week, she was at Art Stamps in Newbury & this weekend, she’s in Doncaster.  She has sent me some photos of projects she has made using Lavinia Stamps, Stormy Sky distress ink & black Archival ink.  This box is a beautiful example of monochromatic colouring; that one colour can be used to create such lovely shading is still a delight to me, especially as I’m so rubbish at it.

Lavinia 8

I love that there is a different scene on each side, I think the owl is my favourite, although the bats are a close second.  You can see from the photo above that stamping with the same colour ink is also very effective; it blends with the background colour & the black over stamping helps the focal image to really pop.

Lavinia 9

Hope you like this project.  I have a few more to show you, as well as a few sneak peeks of some of the samples for the crafting event.  The one on July 28, remember?  Thanks of visiting.

Until next time, keep crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten, I have just been to Doncaster where Lisa gave me her Blog address. I have watched Lisa do a christmas card this morning with penguins on it, I have bought the lot as I loved it so much. I have just seen your Lavinia Box and it is absolutely GORGEOUS, I am biased with Lavinia stamps because I love them all, (and practically own them all too ha ha). You have done a wonderful job, the box is stunning. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning love the fairys. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.