Thursday 3 December 2015

Starlights, Stencils and Butterflies

 
Good morning all! My last Starlight Paints post for this month and not much time left to enter our Monthly Blog Challenge showcasing your creations! Make sure you enter; the winner is chosen randomly and you could win £20 to spend on whatever crafty bits you NEED!

 
To begin my card, I cut Super Smooth Cardstock to fit a 6x6 card blank, allowing for coloured card layer beneath. I chose an Imagination Crafts Stencil (Lisa does not have this one in stock at the moment but there are others that would also work well) and sectioned off the part I wanted to use with Masking Tape. Using a Blending Tool and working some Blue Starlight Paint well into it, I applied the paint through the stencil. You do not need much paint at all to do this, and it is best to work it well into your sponge before you apply to your work. Once finished, I removed the stencil and cleaned in water straight away. It did not take long for the paint to dry and the finish is more like a sparkly ink effect than paint!

 
To add another colour into my work, I have also used some of the Platinum Starlight Paint. I really love this colour; its subtle gold tones blend beautifully with all those I've tried. I used the end of a paintbrush to light dot the colour within my stencilled picture.

 
To create my butterflies, I have simply painted some of the paint onto cardstock, stamped and die-cut. I used a brayer to apply Blue Starlight Paint onto Super Smooth Cardstock and then immediately went over this with Platinum Starlight Paint in the same way. As the paint was wet, the colours blended beautifully. Once dry, I stamped on the paint using Jet Black Staz On. I then die-cut the butterflies and dotted more of the Platinum Starlight Paint in certain areas to bring it all together.

 
The final stage was to stamp a message from the Lisa B./Imagination Craft Floral Collage Stamps 'Poppy Elements' and adhere the butterflies using glue gel. The whole panel was then layered onto some soft gold card and a card blank.

 
Above is another example of a card created using the same principle, this time using a Christmas Sweet Poppy stencil and Menthol Starlight Paint. I did not have the Red Starlight Paint so I have used Stickles for my red, but if you manage to grab it I am sure it would look much better! The sentiment is from the Card-io Christmas Sentiments set.
 
I look forward to seeing all your creations on the challenge blog and/or on the Facebook page!
 
Thank you for reading
Love
Martina
xx
 
BluePlatinumMentholSuper Smooth White Masking TapeMini Ink Blending ToolStazon Jet BlackPoppy ElementsRedGlitter Glue - Xmas RedChristmas Sentiments


3 comments:

  1. What beautiful work Martina. So delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the paints blend together so well, which can achieve such unique and beautiful colours. Your card with the butterfly is stunning. The colours are so gorgeous x The second card so very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, the butterflies look so lovely.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.