Tuesday 12 November 2013

Four Cards for Christmas

Hello, Kirsten here with my regular Tuesday post. I don’t have anything new to show you this week as I didn’t get time to meet with Lisa before she went to Birmingham to demo at the NEC for J & C Creations. Hopefully, we’ll meet up this week at some point. So, I have four different cards to show you, all quick & simple, made with Hobby Art stamps & Joy Crafts dies.
 
 
For the first card I used the Craftwork Cards chipboard letters as a mask, placing them on a card blank & spritzing over the top with acrylic paints I’d mixed with water in some mister bottles. I then spritzed with a mix of pale gold mica powder & water. To highlight the word I doodled with a black waterproof pen. Georgie was coloured with watercolour pencils.

001

Card number 2. I stamped the Hobby Art snowflakes with Evergreen Bough distress ink, coloured Georgie with watercolour pencils & added Icicle stickles details. I cut two ‘hills’ from white card & embossed them & made a tree from scraps of glitter card.

002

Card number 3 couldn’t be simpler. Nitwits patterned card with a snowflake wreath on top. The die cut circle greetings are from an old CWC set of messages in my stash. They take distress inks really well, so you can change the colour easily.

003

 
Card number 4 is definitely not a traditional Christmas card. I coloured the card blank & a separate piece of white card with Peacock Feathers distress ink. Then I dry embossed the separate card with the Embossalicious Lattice embossing folder, adding a little more DI afterwards & matting it onto black card. The Joy Crafts snowflakes were attached with Cosmic Shimmer glue & adhesive gems put on top.
 

004

Georgie & Robin  Glitter Glue - Xmas Red  Glitter Glue - Icicle  Cutting & Embossing - Ice Crystal 2  Chipboard letter - j Chipboard letter - o   Chipboard letter - y Butterfly Kisses Snowflake Clear Stamp Set  Lattice - 6" x 6" Embossing Folder  Nitwit Collection - TW Stripe Green Card A4  Crafts Too Sprayer Pens x 4 pcs  Mica Powders  Pens and Pencils  Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml 


That’s all for now, thanks for looking. We’ve had more entries in the November blog challenge & there’s still plenty of time to take part, so if you’re thinking about it, have a look at the details on the challenge page.
 
Until next time, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.