Tuesday 26 November 2013

Faux Embossing

Hello crafters, Kirsten here, happy Tuesday. This idea came to me because I didn’t have a suitable embossing folder & I wondered if die cuts would give a similar effect.


019

I used the Joy Craft Ice crystal die to cut the snowflakes & glued the pieces to the base card with Cosmic Shimmer glue, then trimmed off the edges. I think it worked quite well.
 
Handy hint; if you’ve chosen to use a white background, use the same card for your die cuts & base layer. It’s amazing how many different shades of white there are.


020






Next I wondered if you could achieve a letterpress effect. I covered the base card with Memento London Fog ink, applied with a blender. Obviously you can use any colour card, but if you choose to use ink, make sure it’s a permanent one. If you use something like Distress ink, the wet glue will cause it to run & you won’t the letterpress effect.



No before photo I’m afraid, but again, I think it worked.



On both cards, I coloured the Hobby Art Winter Robin with watercolour pencils, as per my blog post from last Tuesday & added white liquid pearls as an extra embellishment.







Cutting & Embossing - Ice Crystal 2  Winter Robin   Royal & Langnickel Watercolour Pencils   London Fog Memento Ink Pad  Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml


That’s it for now. Don’t forget the blog challenge, there’s still a few days to go. See you next time, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.