Tuesday 9 May 2017

Hanging Garden Card

Good morning crafters, Julie here. Today I'm going to use the Imagination Crafts'
Hanging Garden stencil to make a male card...............




I cut a square of super smooth card and blended Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen Distress Ink using a blending tool. Then I laid my mask over the top and taped it down, I also taped off a strip approximately a third from the bottom as I wanted this area to remain flat for later on.







I applied Imagination's Structure Paste through the stencil with a palette knife and left it to dry overnight (removing the mask and cleaning it up).




The next morning I applied Alchemy Wax in Peridot and Bronze and some Duck Egg Rusty Patina diagonally with my finger to the raised areas to bring the texture to life.




The Happy Birthday is from the Claritystamp Line Sentiments Set 1, I stamped it in Vintage Sepia Versafine, heat setting with WOW!Clear Gloss embossing powder in the strip I left flat.

To enhance the greeting I added 2 horizontal strips of brown ribbon and attached a couple of screw head brads from my stash to the sentiment.




To finish the card I matted this onto brown card before attaching to my card blank.



I hope you like my make today and depending on what stencil and colours you use this could be adapted for male or female. You can also change the greeting to With Love, Best Wishes, Thinking of You, Get Well Soon etc. which makes this card quite a versatile base for a variety of cards......

There is now information on a second workshop on the Workshops 2017 page of the blog. The PaperArtsy one takes place on May 28 & the Imagination Crafts' Textile workshop will be happening on July 23.

Well, bye for now, happy crafting and see you next week.

Love, Julie x


Hanging Garden IMST    Peridot AWX  Rusty Patina - Duck Egg    Antique Linen - Mini  Tumbled Glass - Mini    

Clarity Stamps    Clear Gloss Regular WEP    












































No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.