Thursday 4 May 2017

An Autumn Themed Card: Craft Emotions Dies and Wood



Good morning all! Martina here with my last 'seasonal' make featuring Craft Emotions products. I decided to go forward (or back!) to Autumn again, the season of one of my favourite things - MUSHROOMS! When I saw the gorgeous little Craft Emotions Edge Mushroom Die I knew it was clearly a 'must have!' True enough, I have used it many times now, not always in its entirety, but a little mushroom here and there looks so cute!

I wanted to stick with Autumnal colours, so used craft card for my base. To create a background I used some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink around the edges of the card and randomly stamped the script stamp from the Hobby Art Decorative Backgrounds Set all over the page.


To add more detail and bring the theme together, I sectioned off a few different leaves from the Imagination Crafts Woodland Leaves Stencil and used Bundled Sage Distress Ink to add them all over the card.


Once my background was complete, I cut a huge tag from the middle of it!


Now for the mushrooms! I cut two lots of the Craft Emotions Edge Mushroom Die and coloured them in with Distress Markers and Inks. I did not need the whole of them both, but it is easier to colour them all and then fiddle with placement later!


To create more of a woodland feel, I stamped the bare tree trunks from the Hobby Art Nature Trail Set and coloured them in. I then cut these out and stuck around the edges of my topper before adding my mushroom border.


Going back to the tag, I layered it onto some green card and used a Hobby Art Stamp to add a sentiment.


The card looked a bit bare at this point, so I added some Craft Emotions Leaves and some little birds from the Craft Emotions Botanical Summer Wooden Embellishment Set. All were coloured in the same tones as the rest of the card to bring it all together.


There we have it: very simple, great for an autumn birthday, a 'just because'. or maybe a 'thinking of you' card maybe?

See you next week!

Love,
Martina
xx

Woodland Leaves IMST Edge Mushrooms CED  Leaves Mushroom CEDDecorative Backgrounds HA Gathered Twigs - Mini 

Bundled Sage - MiniBotanical Summer CEWNature Trail


***Lisa is running a PaperArtsy workshop on Sunday, May 28. For more information click HERE.***


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.