Wednesday 19 August 2015

More Lavinia Stamps with Brushos.......


Good morning all,

I do hope that you are all well?

Well following on with our lovely Lavinia Stamps and Brushos theme this month, I thought that I would show you the samples that I made for the inspiration of the second card that the ladies made in the last class with me.......

These cards were made in a similar way to my last post HERE but in a different format.

For these two cards I used the same technique but different colours and layouts. I die cut a large circle from Woodware Watercolour Card and spritzed it liberally with water. I then added two colours of Brusho Crystals and then spritzed with more water. Then I picked up the card and let the colours bleed in to each other to merge, I then took a piece of dry kitchen towel, placed it on top and lightly blotted off to remove some of the colour. I do this when I am going to add stencilling or stamping on top of Brushos as the colour can be too dark and you just don't see the layers clear enough when building up the picture.

Next I took a stencil of my choice and added some Hickory Smoke Distress Ink through it with a Blending Tool to add some texture to the background of a piece of white super smooth card. I then took my dry Brushos circle and die cut a smaller circle inside this circle. You can see for the first one I did it off centre. On a separate piece of  Woodware Watercolour Card  I stamped the Lavinia Stamps Spotty Toadstools using Onyx Black Versafine Ink and then made a watercolour wash with my Brusho crystals and painted the toadstools in to match my die cut circle. ( I love these little toadstools and the way Tracey has designed them is fab as you can manipulate the stem to make them straight, curved or wiggly !)

I then laid the circle on to my white stencilled background and decided that I wanted to add some naughty fairies looking like they were throwing ink splats around so after deciding where to put them I removed the circle and added some splodges to the white background using IndigoBlu Limor Webber Ink Splats and also I stamped one big splat on the circle, I also added some Black Soot Distress Ink to the edges of the circle and the white background using a Blending Tool.

Next I attached the circle to the white background and added the cut out Spotty Toadstools.
Before I stamped my Fairies I wanted to add some words, so on a Scrap of super smooth card I stamped the Lavinia Stamps sentiment Believe in Magic in Onyx Black Versafine Ink . I cut up the words and added some Black Soot Distress ink to the edges of them.
I picked out the words that I wanted to use from the phrase and then laid them on to the artwork, this help me decide where I wanted my fairies.  I then stamped two of the fairies from Lavinia Stamps Three Small Fairies with Onyx Black Versafine Ink  and then attached my words using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.
They were then simply layered on to black card and then on the cards.......

Both cards were made in the same way but with slightly different ingredients:


Card 1:
Distress Ink - Hickory Smoke
Lavinia Stamps - Believe in Magic stamp


 Card 2:
Brushos - Ultramarine and Purple
Distress Ink - Hickory Smoke
Lavinia Stamps - Believe in Magic stamp
Well I hope that has inspired you to have a play and maybe to have a go at out Blog Challenge this month which is anything made using Lavinia Stamps. If you fancy a go, the link is HERE .....
Well that is all from me for now my lovelies and I will be back soon....
Big hugs Lisa B xx

Believe in MagicThree Small Fairies  Spotty Toadstools   Grunge Elements    Hexagons

Ink Splats   Mini Blending Tools   Super Smooth White  Black Soot Distress Ink Pad Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml

Brusho Crystal Colours - Starter Pack of 12    VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black   Watercolour Card



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such a detailed post with easy to follow instructions and the materials you used, This post and your last post show truly inspirational cards. You have inspired me to want to pull out my art materials but know that i can't get distracted or I will never finish my decorating. happy crafting
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards. I love how you've used the Brusho background, creating a ring of colour. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These might be my favourite of the August class cards, that ring of colour & the stenciling behind it work so well.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.