Tuesday 28 January 2014

A Little Bit of Recycling

Hello crafters, Kirsten here, happy Tuesday. Probably like most of you, I keep all sorts of things, thinking I’ll find a use for them in my crafting projects. The other day I was idly twirling a scrap of ribbon around the plastic ring from a reel of red line tape, wondering what I could do for this post, when suddenly an idea dawned.

I wrapped string around the ring, securing it with Cosmic Shimmer glue & creating a loop. When the glue was completely set, I used fabric glue to attach a length of blue ribbon & a bow.

021


I cut the large peacock from a sheet of Craftwork Cards Vogue collection (10% off at the moment) & glued a button to the centre of the die cut flowers from the same collection & glued them to the ring with hot glue.

023

I applied some black adhesive pearls & Patina stickles to the peacock’s feathers, added some Glossy accents to his breast & gold liquid pearls to the flower. I would have liked to add some feathers, but I don't have any – strange but true.

022





Vogue Collection   Liquid Pearls - Gold Pearl  Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Acrylic Glue - 30ml  Mini Glossy Accents 






That’s it, thanks for looking. There’s still a few days left to take part in the January challenge & I will be back on Saturday with a new challenge for February. Happy crafting.

Kirsten

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.