Saturday 1 June 2013

New Blog Challenge & A Winner

Happy June 1st blog visitors!  Thank you to everyone who took part in the May challenge, we had the highest number of entries yet.  With out further ado, I asked random.org to pick the winner & it chose……




                                                         
Which corresponds with DEBBIE S!

Congratulations Debbie!!  Please contact Lisa at lisabaker1@btinternet.com & she will give you your voucher code. Lisa is away for a week so there may be a delay in her getting back to you but rest assured she will contact you when she is back. And if you would like to add the blog winner button to your blog, just copy & paste it from the sidebar.

This month, with Father’s Day occurring on June 16,  the challenge is all about projects for the men in our lives & most, if not all, of my projects throughout the month will be made with the challenge theme in mind.

Here’s my first card.  There are links to all the items I used at the end of this post.

This is an 8x8 card blank & the first layer is a square of Core’dinations, which I slightly distressed around the edges.

2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 016
 
 

2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 007


The second layer is also Core’dinations.  I dry embossed it with the lattice embossing folder & sanded over the top.


2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 006



The next layer is a piece of kraft card.  I drew a grid on it with a waterproof pen – I used a PITT pen, there are others available, including Sharpies – used Fired Brick distress ink through the stencil & went over the top with Vintage Photo.


2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 001



Next step, the label.  Again, it’s a piece of kraft card.  I embossed it first with clear embossing powder.  Then covered it again with Versamark & used a spoon to add different embossing powders; dark brown, tan, deep red.  I repeated that step, with the addition of a tiny amount of WOW Clear Sparkle EP.

The coloured EPs I used are not the best quality, when heated they go white in places.  But for a distressed/vintage appearance that’s fine.


2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 002



When the label was completely cold, I bent it until cracks appeared.


2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 004



The letters are Sizzix alphabet dies from my stash.  Rather than use foam pads to give height, I cut three of each letter & glued them together with Cosmic Shimmer glue.  I attached the label with metal brads & added some tissue tape to the corners.  It was a little too white, so I blended Vintage Photo DI over it.


2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 019



The clock face is a Kanban stamp & I cut the circles with a Spellbinders die & layered them together.  I stamped another Kanban stamp on the top layer with Coffee Archival ink & heat set with clear EP, then covered with a gold ink – I did that a few times, drying in between each layer.  I attached the metal embellishment to the clock with Glossy Accents, then covered the clock face with it.  The addition of a few card candi from Craftwork Cards & the card was finished.


2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 003


Here’s the card again.

2013-05-30 001 2013-05-30 016





Lattice - 6" x 6" Embossing FolderWatch Mask - That Special Touch 6" x 6" Pocket Watch Steampunk Style Pack of 4 Ant'Silver  WA01 Clear Gloss 160ml  WS15 Clear Sparkle 160ml    2mm Bakers Twine - Gold & Ivory  Mini Glossy Accents



All the challenge details on the challenge page & we’re looking forward to seeing your projects.  And of course, you’re not restricted to fathers, it can be brothers, boyfriends, husbands.
Thanks for visiting the blog.  Until next time, have a lovely weekend & happy crafting.

Kirsten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.