Friday 14 June 2013

Coming of Age



Hi Everyone

I hope you have managed to find a little time in the past week to indulge in some crafting
This week I have used two Woodware Clear Magic stamps
18th Birthday and 21st Birthday available HERE

I was going to try some Zentangle with these stamps but unfortunately ran out of time - maybe next week


I used Versafine Vintage Sepia to stamp 18 on to a 12x12 paper called Glimpse of Paris 
I cut it out and used a brown tone Promarker to blend around the edges
I chose two sheets of the same blue patterned paper from the Wild Rose Studio paper pack 
called For Men and stuck them together back to back with Collall Photoglue 
 I've used this glue for a while now and have had really good results with paper and card.  I've also used it to adhere paper to mdf.  If any glue squidges out around the edges, you just need to wait a short time for it to dry and you can give it a rub with your finger to make it disappear
After cutting the blue paper to size, I used a craft knife to cut a X in the middle and folded the flaps back in a concertina style.  
I used a blue tone Promarker to blend the edges a little before I matted and layered it on to some black and periwinkle Cordinations card stock
Finally I attached four black brads and adhered the layers to a Kraft card blank.  I attached the 18 with 3D glue and drew some dashes around the edges with a black fineliner pen


For this card I used a 12x12 double sided paper from the Best Creations range
I cut out three square/oblong shapes and matted them on to black paper
before using Versafine Black Onyx to stamp 2 x 21 and and the sentiment
I cut out one of the 21's and attached it to the contrasting side of the paper 
Having arranged and attached the layers to a card blank I finished off with some 
card candi and a small black bow
I also used some Stickles Star Dust on the small dots on the 21, but the photo does not show the glitter effect.  The butterfly paper also has a glitter effect which you can't quite see here.  

Papers and Kraft cards are available at Lisa's monthly Workshop or at her Extravaganza Day on

Saturday 20th July 10am-4pm
Fant Hall, Barming, ME16 8NN

You'll be in for a treat if you can visit as there will be demonstrations by Lisa, Jenny Mayes from Hobby Art, Julie Hickey from Craftwork Cards and Georgina Sweetenham.
I'm off to my day job now, braving the wind and rain in June!!!
Happy crafting, Suzanne...






No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.