Wednesday, 12 June 2013
Courage, Determination, Strength
Good morning, hope everyone is having a good month so far, despite the miserable weather. There are lots of photos in today’s post, so I will try to keep the words to a minimum. I began this not having a clue what I wanted to do, so this shows you what can happen when you say “what if ?" & just start playing.
I started off by adding torn strips of tissue tape to a piece of hammered card stock. Tissue tape is not as sticky as DST, so I added a little Cosmic Shimmer glue to the card stock underneath first. That way the tape didn’t lift off when I started adding water & paint.
Next, I randomly added Adirondack inks directly to the cardstock, I used Lettuce, Pool & Cool Peri & misted the inks liberally with water. I let the water blend the inks together for a few seconds before mopping up the excess & drying the page with my heat tool.
Most of the Cool Peri ink disappeared, so I added more, again using the ink pad directly on the card stock, misted with less water & dried.
When I was satisfied the page was dry – I used the heat tool on both sides to make sure – I used Tumbled Glass & Faded Jeans distress inks through the stencil. The tissue tape resisted the Adirondack inks, so I used my finger to swipe a little of Ranger’s acrylic paint dabber in Aqua over the top of it.
Now it was time to stamp. I started with Memento inks in corresponding colours, before stamping with black Archival. When that was dry I put a tiny amount of the Aqua paint onto a baby wipe & very lightly swiped it over the whole page. It didn’t cover any of the stamping, but brought everything together.
To add some definition, I used a dark charcoal pencil around the edges of the brick stencilling & the tape, blending it in with my finger as I went. The final step was to add Snow Cap paint dabber though a piece of sequin waste.
Using a template I cut the shape & set it aside to dry thoroughly while I worked on the quote.
I chose the quote from the Indigo Blu ‘Discover Your Passion’ set of stamps, but I didn’t want the ‘that’s what little girls are made of’ part, so I masked it off before covering the rest with black Archival. I stamped onto a scrap piece of hammered cardstock & heat set it with clear embossing powder.
I tore around the edges, then used Old Paper & Faded Jeans distress inks before adding the metal embellishments & sticking it to the background with foam pads.
Here’s the finished piece. I glued it to a piece of cardboard & turned it into a wall plaque with eyelets & string. I dabbed a little paint onto the ornate corner & filled the vials with seed beads. I used Glossy Accents to attach the vials & silicon glue for the ornate corner. I quite like how this turned out, even though there was much sitting & staring at it as I went along, trying to decide what to do next.
That’s it for today, thanks for looking. Thanks also to those who’ve entered the blog challenge so far, we love seeing what you’re all creating in your craft spaces. There’s still lots of time for new people to join in, so spread the word. All the details can be found on the challenge page.
Until next time, happy crafting.