Friday 21 June 2013

18 or 81 ??

Hey everyone

I'm pleased to say that this week I've had a chance to have a go at Zentangle....
I used the Woodware Clear Magic stamp 18th Birthday


Using Versafine Black Onyx, I stamped 18 on to Neenah Card 
 I then used a black fineliner to draw some random shapes and patterns
As you can see, I matted the image on to black paper and then on to black Bazzil Basics Card which I punched with an inverted corner punch
I attached it on to a white notched Craftwork Card blank and
to finish off, I drew some dashes and stamped 'Happy 18th Birthday!' which comes with
the Clear Magic Stamp
I think this is great for a male and I'm wondering what it would look like in pink for a girl...
If you give it a go, be prepared to lose yourself as time passes really quickly

I then got to thinking how else the stamp could be used and thought I would swop the numbers around


I selected a Craftwork Card Elegant Step white card blank and started by stamping the 18 on to Neehah Card twice and cut out each number separately
I then cut some paper to size from a 12x12 paper called Simple Pleasures by The ScrapCake
I covered my numbers in Collall Photoglue and attached the pieces of paper which I left to dry for a short while
I cut the paper close to the card and gently sanded the edges 
I did the same on my card blank ensuring that the flowers sat nicely in place on the card
I used promarkers to blend the edges of the 81 and matted the numbers on to some pink and blue card from my stash before layering on to my card and finishing off with some pink organza ribbon and gems

 I would recommend having a go at Zentangle if you have not tried it before, divide the area in to different shapes and then draw different patterns in to each area - it's great, you'll love it

See you next week

Suzanne





3 comments:

  1. Fab cards, love the Zentangling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Cards Suz, love the versatility of the stamps and great zentangling. Hugs Lisa.B.x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.