Hello, happy Thursday, Kirsten here with the continuation of my post from yesterday. This is where I stopped;
Now I had to decide where the focal images were to go. The butterfly & dragonfly are Artemio stamps & the sentiment is a Tim Holtz one from my stash – I needed a small stamp & it was the only one that fit.
I stamped the images with black Archival ink & dried with a heat tool. Then I mixed a little gold mica powder with water in a mister bottle & sprayed it onto the tags from a distance, so that they were covered with a fine mist. Left it for a few seconds, mopped up the excess, dried with the heat tool & set the tags to one side.
I blended some distress inks on a scrap of linen textured white card, stamped the butterfly & dragonfly with Versamark embossing ink & applied mica powders on top, misting with water to set.
I cut out the wings, edged them with distress inks, shaped them around a pencil to add dimension & attached them to the tags with foam pads.
The final additions were ribbon & some Craftwork Cards card candi.
That’s it. I hope you’ve enjoyed this mini tutorial & if it has inspired you to make something with distress stains please let us know by posting a link to your project in the comments.
Until next time, happy crafting.
PS Don’t forget, if you make something with butterflies, or something else with wings on it, you can enter this month's blog challenge.