Monday 25 February 2013

Tag Samples

Hello, Kirsten here.  Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  Mine was hectic, Lisa’s too.  We’re busy working on projects, none of which we can show you at the moment.  As a result, I had no clue what I could put on the blog, until I decided that I would show you some tags that I make when I want to try out ideas.

These tags were inspired by THIS post on the Cakewrecks blog yesterday.  If you’re unaware of Cakewrecks, then you really should pay the site a visit.  They post photos of professional cakes that have gone "horribly, hilariously wrong" & every Sunday they post they post their Sunday Sweets, which showcases the most beautiful cakes you’ve ever seen.

2013-02-25 002 2013-02-25 001

This first tag is Weathered Wood distress ink on manila cardstock.  I put on a few layers, drying each layer, flicking water on top, letting it sit for a few seconds, then blotting & drying.  The stamp is Kanban, stamped with black Archival & coloured with a black Pitt pen & a white Sakura pen.

2013-02-25 002 2013-02-25 002


Here’s the same technique, but on a white, linen textured tag.


2013-02-25 002 2013-02-25 005


The two tags together.  You can see the difference in the background colour.  Weathered Wood looks more grey on the white tag.

2013-02-25 002 2013-02-25 006


On this one I stamped the Kanban butterflies with Versamark, heat set with white embossing powder – use WOW! powders, they’re excellent – and then Weathered Wood DI on top.


2013-02-25 002 2013-02-25 013


For this fourth tag, I used paint on a white, linen textured tag.  I mixed black & white acrylic paints & applied them first with a dry brush.  It was quite dark, so I added more white paint & continued building up layers, drying each time.  I then added water to the paint mix & painted a few more layers, knocking back with a baby wipe & drying, until I decided I was happy with the appearance.  The stamps are all Artemio.  I stamped the butterfly onto scrap card, embossed it with clear EP, covered it with Weathered Wood DI, added highlights with a white pen & cut it out. 


STAMP03 Butterflies  STAMP06 Floral Schrolls  WA01 Clear Gloss 160ml 



There you have it, quick & simple today.  Grey is a colour I don't tend to use, but I like how these turned out.  I shall have to get myself a proper grey inkpad.

Before I finish, a quick reminder about the blog CHALLENGE & the SALE.  Both end on the 28th, so you have a few days left.  I will be back during the week, but can’t say when at the moment.  So, until next time, happy crafting.

Kirsten.

2 comments:

  1. Loving your distressed backgrounds, and the last tag with the butterfly is especially gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the backgrounds, in fact I just love the whole effect! Thanks for your kind words on my Blog today. Judy x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.