Friday 26 June 2015

Sweet Poppy Teardrops


Hi there crafters, I hope everyone is doing ok.

I thought I'd have a go at the lovely Sweet Poppy Teardrop stencil by using the Soft Form relief paste in white and taking time over it by putting the glitter on with our new tool in the box the humble straw :o)

Sorry but the photo seems to be showing some of the Silver as Gold
 
It took some time and patience but here is what I did.  I placed some white card stock over a magnetic sheet then laid the stencil on it, then taped it down each side using the stencil tape.  I then spread the White Soft Form Relief Paste over the stencil then carefully removed the tape and stencil.  This is where the patience came in, I lined up the four glitters I wanted to use and randomly laid the glitter over each swirl, by starting with the black then moved onto the next colour and the next, you get my drift :o)

Here is the untidy bit of it:
 
Here's when it was dry:
 
 
I left that to one side to dry.  I then took a 7 x 7 card and matted with silver mirri card and cut a slightly smaller piece of white and placed a strip of double sided tape near the bottom of the card then covered that with Silver Gilding Flakes - Sheffield Steel.  I then distressed the stencilled image with Milled Lavender distress ink (Currently out of stock so Dusty Concord could be used instead)
 
You'll notice in photo above that some of the glitter bled into areas I didn't really want it to so I decided to do our favourite trick of hiding them with a butterfly.  Well I like it so much I thought I'd put on a few more in different colours to match the glitter.  So I used high gloss card in Black, Mauve, White and Silver and the Cheery Lyn Designs Exotic Butterfly Small (Sorry also out of stock, so you could use the butterfly charms stamp set and cut out the individual butterflies).
 
Here are the elements:
 
So to build I matted and layered the stencilled image with black then silver mirri card before placing it on mounting foam and positioning in the centre of the card between the silver gilding flakes strip and the top of the card.
 
I first placed the butterflies on the areas I wanted hidden then fitted the other butterflies around them.  Finishing off with my favourite bow the Sue Wilson Classic 3D Bow some silver card candi and one single butterfly in the top right hand corner.
 
Here a little close up of the image and the finished card again:
Sorry for the quality of the above photo.
 
 
Thank you so much for dropping by again..........see you next Friday here and hopefully at the class.
Love Jan -x-
 
 

 



 
 

3 comments:

  1. A lovely card. It is a bit of a faff adding the different glitters, but the end result is so nice that it's completely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely shine with both the glitters and the gilding flakes. Love the geometric pattern of the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't seen this stencil before, love it! Looks like the butterflies have found some beautiful petals to land on xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.