Monday 15 June 2015

Sweet Poppy Teardops & Mushroom Dwelling



Good morning, I hope you all had a great weekend. I've got two cards to show you today, made with the Sweet Poppy Mushroom Dwelling & Teardrops stencils & Glossy Black Dimension Paste.
 
I created a background for the first card, outlining the shapes of the Teardrops with pens from the Floral set of Spectrum Aqua pens, then filling in the colour. This is very easy to do, just move the stencil around to fill in the gaps.
 
I mixed glitter with the Glossy Black paste & applied it through the Mushroom Dwelling stencil. When the paste dried there was a nice subtle shimmer from the glitter. The greeting is from the
Poppy Elements Floral Collage stamp set (available to order at present).

 
 
I had some glittered paste left over, so I applied it through the Teardrops stencil onto a piece of watercolour card & when it was dry I sprinkled on Brusho Crystals & spritzed with water.
 
I cut the card down to fit a 7x7 card blank & used the left over piece to add the strips.

 
 
(Hmmm, when I took this photo it escaped my notice that there is a black adhesive pearl missing from the top left corner. Very remiss of me. )
 
 
Thanks for visiting the blog. Don't forget the new blog challenge is about Sweet Poppy stencils & the reorder of the stencils for the website should be arriving today or tomorrow.
 
Have a great week.
 
Kirsten.

1 comment:

  1. The solid black jumps out of the bright coloured background! Both cards are gorgeous Kirsten.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.