Monday 1 June 2015

Poppy Elements Mini Canvas


 
 
Good morning, happy June 1st. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Today I'd like to show you a mini canvas I decorated with Imagination Crafts stencil paints & the Poppy Elements stamps...


 
 
I began by covering the canvas with a scrap of patterned paper from the Joy Crafts paper pad,
Music Notes. I painted a layer of clear gesso over the paper, so that I could add paint on top.........
 

 
 
I applied Royal Blue, Rose & Bluebell stencil paints with my fingers, using small amounts to build up the colour.........


 
 
I added random stamping with the Indigo Blu Limor Webber stamps, Limor Circles & Ink Splats.....
 
 
 
 
I stamped the Poppy Elements image onto tissue paper, with Jet Black Stazon ink & painted it on the reverse with layers of Rose stencil paint, before adhering it to the canvas with gel medium & brushing more gel medium on top to seal it.........
 

 
 
I finished the canvas with a little bit of Colourcraft white relief paste through a stencil &
Shimmering Blue shimmer spray, then splats of white gesso mixed with water..............
 
 
 
 
This coming Friday is the first of the month & that means it's class day. This month we'll be using a Sweet Poppy stencil & dimensional paste to make two cards. The cost of the class is £20 & you get to keep your stencil. If you'd like to attend, please contact Lisa, lisabaker1@btinternet.com.
 
**If you are attending the classes on Friday, please bring a Sweet Poppy spreader/palette knife.**
 
(We will have some for sale, but there won't be enough for everyone)
 
We're into the final week of the current blog challenge, which is about the Floral Collage stamps. We'd love to see more entries, so take a look at the challenge page for all the details.
 
Have a great week.
 
Kirsten
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.