**This post is part of the Magnificent Men promotion fortnight. Remember to leave a comment to be entered in the giveaway.**
Morning, Kirsten here, I hope you’re all well.
For today' card I cut three pieces of kraft card; one central panel & two smaller ones for each side. I used a circle die to cut the semicircles. Using my fingers I began adding paint to the pieces, covering the kraft card in places & leaving it slightly visible in others. I added a few layers of paint, sometimes wiping paint off with a baby wipe & drying in between each layer until I was happy.
Now for some stamping. I used the Kaisercraft Bubble Wrap acrylic stamp with Coffee Archival ink, holding the stamp in my hand instead of using a block.
This, combined with only using second-, third-, etc., generation stamping will give you a much more random & faded result.
Now for some colour. Some inks, like Versacolor, won’t be permanent on acrylic paints, unless you use embossing powder over them, so I used Archival inks, a red & a brown, on the two side panels. You could also use Stazon.
Now for the focal image. I used the Kaisercraft birdcage clear stamp with embossing ink & Stix 2 Copper Transfer Foil from the Vintage Tones set.
If you haven't used transfer foil before, I’ve broken down each step as follows;
Swipe your card with an anti-static pad
Stamp image with embossing ink, e.g. Versamark
Cover with Stamp ‘n’ Bond - a heat activated adhesive in powder form - return the excess to the jar
Heat set the first section
Quickly place the foil onto the sticky image. Make sure the SHINY side is FACING you.
Burnish for a few seconds with your finger
Gently pull the foil away from the image
This is the result………….
Sometimes, you'll get a patchy area, which I like, but if you don’t you can reheat the image & replace the foil, that usually works.
After this, I decided the background needed something else, so I added some water to white acrylic paint, loaded a small paintbrush with the mix & tapped it sharply over the panels to get white splatters, which I let dry naturally. You can heat dry, but the mix will tend to be absorbed into the paint underneath, leaving only faint splatters. I used a baby wipe to remove drops of paint from the foiled birdcage.
To finish, I added Crafts Too metal brads to each corner of the central panel, tied some seam binding & a metal embellishment to one side panel, added the die cut labels – I used Old Paper distress ink on these, they’re not as white as they look here - with tiny Crafts Too brads & stamped the sentiment from the HobbyArt's Butterfly Kisses Musical Print stamp set with black Versacolor & heat set with clear embossing powder. I backed the panels with black card & used a 7x7 kraft card for the base.
That’s it for today see you next time. Don’t forget that, as well as the giveaway, the new blog challenge is up & running. Happy crafting.