Happy Sunday, blog visitors. I hope you're having a great weekend.
I've carried on making Christmas cards & tags with the Craftwork Cards collections & this time I've added two of the lovely die cut silhouettes that are on special offer on the website - 25% off.
Let's start with a little Christmas romance. I used kraft card & patterned papers from the Moorish & Sweetpea collections for matting & layering. I stamped onto the dress with Indigo Blu's Flitter Glu & covered with silver gilding flakes.
A little tag to match the card, with more gilding flakes on the heart & the black cardstock matt.
Here is Miss Elegance doing her Christmas shopping.
And a tag to go with the card.
What do you think? Have you tried gilding flakes yet? I think they look great on the black silhouettes, but it has to be said; using them is a messy process. I invariably end up with glue covered fingers & bits of flake everywhere - I've even found flakes in my hair. The end result is worth all the mess though. And you can't go wrong with the colours in the range, they are all gorgeous.
If you haven't used the glue & the flakes before, there are some instructions provided, but here are a few handy hints:
- Don't put too much glue on your stamp & don't put too much pressure on when you stamp. In my experience, it's takes a little practise to get the pressure right. If you stamp too hard, the image will smudge, so err on the side of caution.
- Wash your stamp IMMEDIATELY. You do NOT want the glue to dry on your stamp. Either put it into a dish of cold water, or spritz it liberally, the glue will usually rub off easily, then dry.
- By the time you've washed & dried your stamp the glue on your image will be tacky. This is ideal for adding the gilding flakes. If the glue's too wet, you will rub it off along with the flakes.
- Cover your image with LOTS of flakes & press them firmly into the glue before using your scrubbie to remove the excess.
- You can be quite firm when you use the scrubbie, you need to remove all the excess flakes.
- And when your pot of flakes is open, try not to breathe!
Thanks for visiting today. Don't forget the 25% off on the CWC collections & the die cut silhouettes. Not sure yet if I'll be back tomorrow, if not, I'll see you on Tuesday. Until then, take care.
PS Don't forget the challenge!!