Friday 21 July 2017

Rice Paper and Die Cuts

 
Hi there crafters, Jan here today.  I'm having a nice break from work at the moment and enjoying the time to craft.  Shame about the weather though.
 
Today's card is carrying on with the Rice Paper and Shabby Chic look, there are lots of  Rice Paper to choose from on the website.
 
 
Using  a 7" X 7" White card blank I placed the  Rice Paper over to see where I wanted the image to be.
 
 
Once that was decided I turned the whole thing over and traced around the card using a small paint brush and some water to get that lovely frayed edge from the rice paper.
 
 
Keeping the spare Rice Paper to one side to stamp some flowers onto and decoupage later.  This is the image I wanted before I started to embellish.
 
 
First of all I stamped the gorgeous flowers heads from the Imagination Craft Clematis Elements Stamp Set (on sale at 29% off)  onto the spare Rice Paper using Versamark and Wow Bright White Embossing Powder, and stamped the large flower head twice and the smaller flower head five times.  I know I've been using these flowers a lot lately but I do think they make a gorgeous decoupaged flower, especially stamping on the Rice Papers.
 
I then cut the Craft Emotions - Branch With Blossoms die as follows:
Branch - White Card - Once
Blossoms - Lilac Vellum - Twice
Leaves - Pale Green Vellum - Twice
Branches - Pale Green Vellum - Several Times
 
For the lilac and green vellums I used Pure White Vellum and coloured them up using markers letting them dry before die cutting.
 
 
I then placed one small flower inside a larger flower using Cosmic Shimmer Glue.  I arranged them on the card where I thought they looked right and glued all the elements onto the main card once I was happy.
 
 
Here's a little close up of the Craft Emotions - Branch With Blossoms die, which I added a tiny gem to centre.

 
I thought it needed a little sentiment so stamped a few words from the Imagination Crafts Art Stamp set - Time to Celebrate cutting them at a jaunty angle and backing with some coloured vellum and 3D them onto the card.
 

 
Quite Shabby Chic I think, hope you enjoyed the blog today and thanks for dropping by as usual.
 
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.