Tuesday 25 July 2017

A Card to Brighten Up A Dull Day

Good morning, Julie here, happy Tuesday - what's happened to the summer??? I hope it makes a swift return!! Today I decided to go bright and cheerful to celebrate my birthday....




I started off with a piece of super smooth card just slightly smaller than my 7x7 card blank.
I used Distress inks in Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade,  Mustard Seed and Peacock Feathers. Starting with the pink diagonally across the card with the rest of the colours following.



I then placed the PaperArtsy Stencil PS034 over the distress inked card and used a baby wipe through the pattern to remove some of the ink.



I dried it with the heat tool and die cut 2 of the corners using a Sheena Douglass cutting die and mat and layered onto a 7x7 Silver Mirri mat and then adhered it to a card blank.



I then set about stamping the various size flower heads from the JOFY24 stamp set in Versafine and heat setting with WOW! Clear Gloss embossing powder. I then put the same Distress ink colours on a tile and spritzed them with a little water to make a colour wash. I wasn't fussy painting and went over the edges as I was going to cut out the flowers.



I cut out and shaped the flowers and attached them to the card with double sided sticky pads. I resisted using some glitter this time as the card really didn't need it!



That finishes my make for today, I'm off to celebrate now....

Lisa's next workshop at Grove Green will be on Sunday, August 20. Places are still available and all the information is HERE.

Have a good week.

Love, Julie x

JOFY24      PA Stencil PS034 (EKD)     Peacock Feathers - Mini   Picked Raspberry - Mini     Spiced Marmalade - Mini

VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black         Clear Gloss Regular WEP    

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.