Tuesday 15 August 2017

Card-io Topiary Heart



Hi everyone, Julie here, I hope you're well and enjoying the lovely weather. 
For my card today I had fun using the new Card-io stamp sets; Posh Pots, Freesia and Violet and Bullfinches and Blooms.




I started with a 7x7 card blank and cut a circle aperture out the front of the card.
I then cut a square of super smooth card slightly bigger than the circle I'd just cut out and drew round the circle to aid with centering my design.




I stamped the pot, stem and topiary heart using my Press to Impress stamping platform, (back in stock this week), to line up the stamps and inked the pot with Sky Blue and Polar Blue Versa Colors and the topiary tree with Brown and Cocoa Versa Color inks. I chose the smallest flower head from the Freesia and Violet set and stamped it in Camellia Versa Color...............




Next I filled in with Petal Pink Versa Color and one of the small flower heads from the 
Bullfinches and Blooms set. I added the foliage with Fresh Green Versa Color and added a Bullfinch sitting on the plant pot with Black Versa Color...............




I stamped my 'With Love' greeting from the Woodware Just to Say stamp set in the Rose Red Versa Color in the corner of the card blank and heat set with clear embossing powder.




I die cut 2 sets of the Crealies' Decorette no.14 Interlocking Hearts in pink Mirri card to embellish the card with.




I returned to the main picture and drew in some grass to ground the plant pot and colour washed the white background with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I also highlighted around the plant pot and the leaf centres with an Archival Black Pen to add some depth.

I stuck my design in place with sticky foam pads, finishing off with the Interlocking Hearts embellishments and some Stickles in the centre of the flower heads.




 That completes my card for today, I hope you liked it.


Card-io Collection Posh Pots     Card-io Majestix Bullfinches & Blooms      Card-io Majestix Freesia & Violet    Versacolor Fresh Green   Versacolor Polar Blue    

Versacolor Sky Blue    Versacolor Camellia    Versacolor Brown    Versacolor Cocoa    Versacolor Black    

Versacolor Petal Pink      Tumbled Glass - Mini    Press to Impress Stamping Tool       Micron Fineliners Pk of 3    


Lisa's next workshop at Grove Green will be on Sunday, August 20. Places are still available and all the information is HERE.

See you next week.

Love, Julie x

1 comment:

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.