Thursday 20 July 2017

Vintage and Pretty with Imagination Craft's Rice Paper



Hello all, Martina here! How are you doing? Crafting lots? The kids break up this week and then it's several weeks of mayhem! Not sure how much crafting I will have the energy for in the evenings - unless someone would like to borrow my 4?!? Let's hope the weather is kind to us all...

This month we are looking a different ways to use the HUGE collection of Rice Papers from Imagination Crafts. It was only recently I found out that there are 100s of designs to choose from, and with them being so versatile it can be hard to know where to start (not to mention that quite often I just want to stroke them and not use them anyway!)

Last week I used some Rice Paper as a backing paper on some MDF, so this week I thought I would use some as a backing paper on some card, building up layers and adding more treasures from my stash to bring it all to life.

Using the Rice Paper Pattern 448 with Magi-Bond Decoupage Glue, I covered my card topper with the section of paper that I wanted to use. I saved the rest for another project.


Once dry, I inked the edges of the paper with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to bring the eye in. I also fixed some ribbon from my stash onto the card to add some different texture (in the photo below I tried one option with tying the ribbon, but I went with another idea in the end, as I did not want to obscure the words).


Using some Brown Archival Ink I stamped and die-cut some flowers (these were Heartfelt Creations Sunkissed Fleur, but whatever you have in your stash will do!)


I then water-coloured the petals with Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink. Whilst they were still wet, I shaped and scrunched the flowers up.


Back to my card topper and I had sorted the ribbon arrangement, but also decided to add some more detail with some Topaz Starlight Paint through an Imagination Crafts Stencil. Now in all honesty, I had stuck the ribbon on and then decided to add the paint, so had to remove and start again, but obviously a WISE person would do this more logically...


Now for some more texture using one of my favourite products...SPARKLE MEDIUM!!! I used Welsh Gold Sparkle Medium through the PaperArtsy PS006 Stencil straight onto Acetate. I LOVE this stencil, it is amazingly versatile and a definite 'must' in anyone's stash, it also looks great when cut out (even I do say so myself...see later on!)


Once I had cut my leaves all out, I fiddled about (as you do) and came up with my final arrangement.


I hope you like my finished card, I think it turned out well in the end! The Rice Papers really do most of the work for you, it is up to you how much you want to add to them!

See you next week,
Love
Martina
xxx

PA Stencil PS006 (ELB) Acetate SheetsMagibond Decoupage GlueRice Paper Pattern 448 Topaz SLWelsh Gold SM Spun Sugar - Mini


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.