Friday 7 July 2017

Circle Easel Card

Hi there crafters, hope you're enjoying the warm weather, a bit too warm for me though.

Today's little card is using the Indigo Blu Ella Bella (Sale on the web site) stamp again, I think she's quite effective, again I also used the Imagination Crafts Clematis Elements as I love the fact you can use the flower heads for a background, as I did with this card, but also cut them out to be 3D.


First of all I folded a piece of A4 White card in half, then using my largest circle die, I placed it on the folded card so the die just slight hung over the edge so was able to open the card.

I then cut a single circle for the stamped image.


 
Next was to do some matting and layering with Bazzil Basic Black Card Stock.


Then assembled the plain circle card onto the easel


I then wanted to created my own background card by using the flower heads from the Imagination Craft Clematis Elements, I used one large and one small flower head.     I stamped the largest head using Versafine and stamped directly onto the card, the smaller flower head I decided to secondary stamping.

 
I then cut a smaller circle in the basic black then mounted the background card onto that.  I cut another smaller white circle of card for my main image.   I wanted to use the  Indigo Blu Ella Bella again, I think she's quite striking.  This time I stamped her with Versafine and embossed using the Wow clear embossing powder.  I gave it it's vintage look by distressing with Hickory Smoke Distress ink and just blended it slightly around the edge of the image, then matted all the elements together.
 
 
The next step was to embellish and place the easel stopper together.  So cut a small piece of black card then white to matt them together, I placed some 3D foam pads on the back for height and placed a little Happy Birthday sentiment in the centre.
 
 
 
I stamped the two flower heads three times each so I could cut them out and create 3D flowers.
 
 
 
So placing the small flower head inside the large one and put a gem in the centre of each.  I then cut out a couple of little butterflies, added a gem and placed them around the image.  Popping the flower heads on and, voila it was done.  Nice and easy, so hope you liked it.
 
Here's the card again.
 

 
 
Look forward to seeing some of you at the class today and thank you for dropping by the blog today.
Love Jan -x-

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely idea Jan, have not made an easel card for ages! xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.