Good morning all! January is flying now and the Easter eggs are on the shelves... I really can't believe how quickly the months are passing me by; if someone has a pause button please push it!
A special lady had a big operation this week, so I wanted to make a card to cheer her up. Earlier in the year I missed one of Lisa's classes ( I was ready to pop with baby no. 4!) during which she played with Imagination Crafts Rice Papers. As I had not had a chance to use them, I decided to have a play...
To start with, I looked at the colours and thought about how I wanted to use all the intricate details on the paper. I wanted to utilise the vintage theme, so I decided on a 7x7 craft card blank. I did not want to lose the beautiful colour tones in the images, so I also backed the paper onto some pearl card using Magibond Decoupage Glue - you can see the difference the pearl backing makes in the picture below...
Next, I looked at the exact section I wanted to use, cut it to size and picked a colour to complement (I also used some dark brown paper, picking this from the lady's hat, but decided this later on!)
To make the edges 'less perfect' I used a Paper Edge Crimper (or as I call it 'distressing tool') and then added some Tea Dye Distress Ink to bring the eye in.
Using the same sheet of rice paper, I die cut some flowers in different sizes.
I also cut more flowers in my complimentary card colours and shaped all the petals with an Embossing Tool before layering up randomly.
Wanting to add more interest behind the flowers, I die cut some flourishes. I added some brads to the flower centres and made a sentiment flag.
I decided I wasn't happy with my flowers: they were too perfect, the brads were silver they didn't look vintagy...(I know that's not a word, but you get my point!) I reached for my Imagination Crafts Bronze Alchemy Wax and rubbed away with my fingers...can you tell!?! Who needs nice nails anyway...
Still wanting to emphasise yet more detail, I thought I would add a little necklace to the lady. I added some seed beads from my stash onto some gold thread and then made a little pendent. Once happy with placement, (realising that one end needed to be longer than the other as her head is turned...doh!) I threaded my necklace through the card and secured at the back.
With a few bits left of my lovely paper, (and not wanting to waste any) I cut some detail for the inside of my card...
With all the elements assembled (I also cut the bird out and made him 3D) I fiddled a bit...and there we have it!
I'm off to send the card now, so I hope it is liked!
See you next week,
lots of love