Monday 11 July 2016

Butterfly Shadow Box




Morning, Kirsten here,  it's Monday again, hope you all had a lovely weekend. My project today uses one of the Craft Emotions decorative frames & the box it came in - don't throw away these wooden boxes, they're perfect for altering.


My initial plan was to apply texture paste directly to the inside of the box, but even with the 
That's Crafty Dinky stencils I couldn't get a good impression, so I cut a piece of white Super Smooth to size & used that instead.

I used Sweet Poppy Glossy White dimension paste through the Dinky Quatrefoil 1 & Bubbles stencils & when the paste was dry I applied yellow, pink & pale blue chalk paint to the card with my fingers. 


I love finger painting, the oil & heat from your fingers helps the paint to blend nicely. I just kept adding paint until I was happy with the result. (I painted the box with the same colours).


I applied embossing ink through the Bubbles stencil, added WOW! Gold Rich embossing powder & heat set. The frame was painted with Black Starlights & I blended Silver Starlights on top.


I painted a scrap of white card with Starlights in a rough butterfly shape, then stamped the Stampendous Pen Pattern Butterfly on top with Onyx Black Versafine ink, heat set with WOW! Clear EP & cut it out.


The word 'Beauty' was made with Craft Emotions wooden letters & painted with Black Starlights.



Frames With Ornaments CEW Alphabet Large CEWDinky Stencil - Quatrefoil 1  Dinky Stencil - BubblesDimension Paste - Glossy White    Metallic Gold Rich WEP Pen Pattern ButterfliesWOW! Clear Embossing Inkpad    

Thanks for stopping by, have a great week.

Kirsten

  The Lisa B Designs annual Craft Extravaganza Day in Fant Hall is on July  23............

During the event day, there will be one-hour workshops, taught by Jenny Mayes of Hobby Art, Georgina Sweetenham of Designs by Georgina & Sue Baker of Imagination Crafts. 

Places for each workshop will be £6, are limited to twelve & must be booked in advance. We will have photos of the workshops' projects soon. To book your place telephone Lisa on 01622 675078, or email; lisabaker1@btinternet.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.