Wednesday 11 November 2015

The Fabulous New Starlights Paints.......



Good morning all and welcome to a new months worth of inspiration.......
This month we will be showing you how you can use the fabulous new Starlight paints from Imagination Crafts. I have to say that there has not been any craft product on the market in the last 4-5 years that has got me so enthusiastic about it. The more I use these fabulous little paints the more I love them..........



They are the first paint of their kind as they are water based but have ground gilding flakes in them so this makes them like a gilding paint and we can do so many different techniques with them.

One of the main reasons is that they are so versatile and can go on most surfaces........for instance:

Wood - They can be used on MDF and wood, you don't need to prime or gesso the base wood you just paint straight on neat from the pot and one coat covers it, also the wood does not bleed through the paint.

 Glass - They can go on to glass, so if you have some lovely glass bottles that you want to up cycle, again no priming or gesso base they can go straight on.

 Candles - Now this is fabulous, if you want to paint candles with them or stencil on to candles you can and you can also burn them safely afterwards.....how great is that!!!

They can also be used on velum, parchment and acetate neat from the bottle and of course card which I will explain a little more in a moment and they can also be used on material but just for decorative purposes.........the list seems endless, now you know why I am so excited about them!!!!

Now when it comes to using them on card you can get two finishes from and I will show you in detail in my blog post next Wednesday. If you use them neat from the pot on to card you get this gorgeous creamy texture that is a surface of high pigmented paint with the gorgeous gilding flakes flecked through them but........ if you add a small paint brush worth of paint in to a palette or on a tile and add a couple of sprays of water from a spritz bottle then the gilding flakes rise to the surface of the paint and then when you paint with them you get a lovely high pigment colour base with a layer of gilding on the top........how fab is that!!

Now as a lot of you know I have been away last week demonstrating at the HobbyCrafts show at the NEC in Birmingham with Imagination Crafts and am still recovering from it, hence this post is later this morning!!!!!
It was a fantastic show and thank you to each and every one of you that visited our stand and went away with loads of goodies, it was great to meet you all. It was also great to spend time with my lovely friends Sue and Harvey from imagination Crafts, thank you for everything and Sue my ribs have just stopped aching from laughing so much........

My trusty side kick Kirsten, bless her stayed here and ran my workshop for me on Friday and did a fabulous job as I knew she would and thank you to my lovely team for all your support Jo, Rosemary, Kate, Jan and Julie...... I really could not do without you.
Also thank you to all my lovely ladies that come to the classes and support me, I really appreciate it as you are what keeps me going and coming up with new ideas and I know from your comments on Facebook that you had a fab time on Friday!

Below is a brief look at the class cards on Friday but I will do a much more in depth post about them and lots more techniques next week and the rest of the month just so that you can see how great these paints really are. Also we nearly sold out of them on Friday and I am placing another order today which should come in later in the week and we will let you know as soon as they are on the website.....






Well that is all from me for now as I have so many emails, orders and messages to catch up with. I will be back next week with more inspiration and details and the DT team will be bringing you their own fabulous makes with them for the rest of the month too......

Have a great day peeps.....
Big hugs
Lisa B xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.