Friday 3 August 2012

Mica Powder Magic


Good morning blog visitors, Kirsten here.  Happy Friday to you all.  Sorry there was no post yesterday, the day got away from me.  I’d like to share a small project with you today.  Lots of us probably have mica powders in our crafty stash, but rarely use them.  After making this little book, I will definitely be using mine a lot more.

DSCF4558

The chipboard pieces are white, so I covered them with black cardstock & stamped the images with Versamark ink, before adding various colours of powders.

DSCF4560

The images were cut from Graphic 45’s 'Parlor Wall', which is double-sided, so I used the reverse to mat & layer with more black cardstock.

DSCF4559

The dragonfly on the middle section & the large butterfly on the back are from Artemio - this set is not yet on the website, I'll link to it as soon as it is.  I punched the holes with a cropadile & added ribbon from my stash to connect the pieces.

Products used:
That’s it for today, we’re looking forward to seeing many of you in class later on.  We’ve had our first entry on the challenge page, you can see Andree’s card HERE.  There’s still plenty of time to enter, so get out your stamps & papers & have a play.  There will be another blog post tomorrow or Sunday, so until then,

Keep crafting!

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.