Thursday 23 August 2012

Altered Album, day four


Morning all, it’s Thursday already, I hope you’re having a wonderful week so far.  It’s finally cooling down here, thank goodness, not sure how much longer I can go without sleep.  Today, I’d like to show you the final pages of the altered album I made for Lisa’s paper crafting event art the end of July.  If you’ve missed the previous entries you can find them HERE, HERE & HERE.

The ‘cover’ looks like the frame of a filmstrip.  I blended acrylic paints – pastel blue, pink & green - over the inside & out.  When they had dried, I stamped the little Kanban bird with Stream Adirondack ink & stamped the music score over that with black Archival.  I added the metal bird & clock embellishment with a piece of bakers’ twine.


Altered Album 1 lisabdesigns

For the first page I stamped the butterfly with Versamark on white cardstock & heat embossed with white EP.  Then I blended Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose & Victorian Velvet distress inks on top & used a baby wipe to remove the DI from the embossed areas.

The dragonfly was stamped onto a piece of Kanban cardstock with Versamark & embossed with Stampendous’ Frantage  EP.  I flicked some water onto the card & quickly covered the water drops with the same EP & heat set.  This was a technique I had read about in an issue of Craft Stamper magazine & I was surprised that it worked.  You need to work quickly, but it’s great if you want a random, splatter effect.



Altered Album 2 lisabdesigns

This is the back cover.  I used the same pastel acrylics that I’s used on the front; the blue as the base, the green through  the stonewall mask & the blue & pink through a circle mask.  Added some stamping with Stream Adirondack & black Archival & that was it.


Altered Album 15 lisabdesigns
Products used:
Thank you for looking, I hope these posts have given you some inspiration.  If you like what you’ve seen why not share this blog with your friends?  You can also find us on Facebook & of course the website is www.lisabdesigns.co.uk

I hope to return tomorrow with something new to show you.  Until then, take care.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.