Monday 20 August 2012

Altered Album

Hello blog visitors, Kirsten here.  Hope you’ve had a great weekend.  It is extremely hot here in the South-East, with temperatures reaching almost 30 degrees Celsius, which is much too hot for me.  Today, I would like to start showing you the altered album I made for the craft day at the end of July.  It’s a PaperMania chipboard album, took me almost three days to complete & I enjoyed every minute.  Direct links to all, available, products are at the end of this post.

This page was inspired by a project I saw in a magazine, (I think it was Stampers’ Sampler), ages ago, it stayed with me & provided the starting point for the album.    I blended Tumbled glass distress ink over the paper, then over stamped with Stream Adirondack ink.

Altered Album 4 lisabdesigns

I love adding texture, I think it gives a project great ‘touchability’.  I embossed the tag & randomly blended distress ink over it & attached the scrap of lace with a fabric glue.

Altered Album 5 lisabdesigns

Here's a close up of  the little tickets.  I stamped them with coffee Archival, coloured with Dusty Concord & Shabby Shutters DI, punched holes with my cropadile & added the bakers twine.

Altered Album 6 lisabdesigns

More textures on this page, with torn cardboard, old book text & an embossed heart.  The key under the heart is four die cut pieces glued together with Glossy Accents, then triple, heat embossed with Stampendous’ Frantage EP. 

Altered Album 7 lisabdesigns

The red embellishments are the inserts from the heat embossed key, I coloured them withb Fired Brick DI before stamping on them.  The letters from a tiny Hampton Art alphabet stamp set fit perfectly.


Altered Album 8 lisabdesigns
Products used:
  There's still time to enter the challenge, all the details are HERE.  We had two entries yesterday from Maeve, who attends Lisa's Maidstone class.  Maeve doesn't have a blog, so I added the photos to the Challenge page & will assign them random numbers at the end of the challenge.

That's all for today, thanks for stopping by. I hope to be back tomorrow with more of the album.

Kirsten

1 comment:

  1. Morning Kirsten, I love the layouts you have posted, they are beautiful. I don't know how you come up with your ideas, these are simply gorgeous and the colours are beautiful. Lots of love from Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.