Good morning ladies and gents! Did you manage to catch any of the Imagination shows on Hochanda? There were some fabulous demonstrations from Kerri-Ann and Sue; I feel very inspired at the moment!
As some of you will know, I am a touch mad for anything fairy, mystical etc., so when Lisa told me the theme for this month's makes I was very excited (with knobs on)!!!
Alcohol Inks were new to me, I had seen them used, but never dipped my toe in the water. I decided to try using them on Gloss Card first and have a little play to see what I would get. At this point it is perhaps wise to advise you that there are no definite instructions for applying the inks - you just aim and FIRE!!! (well, I did anyway!)
To start with I applied a new Applicator Felt to my Blending Tool and dotted on some drops of the ink. I chose to use Amethyst, Cool Peri and Mermaid, making sure I did not go too mad with the darker tones.
Once the ink was on the felt, I added some Blending Solution around the ink dots (I didn't want the dots to be too 'definite'). Once ready to go, I pounced onto my card stock until I was happy.
Once the inks were dry (almost instantly on the Gloss Card), I picked out a definition stamp from the Artistic Stamper Encyclopaedia Botanica Set (which is on sale with Lisa at 46% OFF!!!) I stamped this twice to the side of my topper with Black Archival Ink.
My next step was to add some foliage to the background. I chose the Lavinia Stamps Dandelions 2, Willow and Field Grasses for this, stamping randomly all over the bottom. Once I was happy with the layout I stamped the beautiful Lavinia Briar Rose with Versamark before heat embossing with Wow White Powder. Thinking the main part of my card was done, I added some Stickles and then went to bed...
The next morning, I realised I had made a big 'mistake' - I used somecoloured Memento Inks when I stamped the foliage and the colour 'sunk' into my card overnight! AHHH!! I loved the colours I used and was not a happy bunny, but there are always ways round things...
Not owning lots of coloured Archival Inks, I decided to re-stamp the foliage again, roughly in the same sort of composition as before, with the same original inks and colours...THIS TIME to make sure the ink did as it was told, I quickly heat embossed with Clear Wow Powder.
My last steps were to add the Lavinia Dreams and Delights Sentiment and some matts and layers. All done. Phew!
Thinking about it, I could have said that I let the first lot of foliage sink into the card to add depth etc. before adding the top layer...
Nah, I was 'on a learning curve'!!
I hope you like the final card after all my blundering! I love to imagine what she's thinking...
See you next week for some more crafty