Wednesday 8 April 2015

Brushos tutorial.......

 
Good morning peeps,
 
How are we all today, recovering from over indulgence the weekend or was you rally good?
 
As promised today I am going to show you a step by step technique with Brushos, so make yourself a cuppa and pull up a chair, we may be some time as there is a lot of photos......

Ok so this is how I did it......
 
Firstly I took a piece of watercolour card, I use Woodware or Crafters Companion watercolour card, both are equally good. I then used a butterfly stamp from Stampendous Butterfly Trio stamp set and Versafine Black Onyx Ink. I stamped the image where I wanted it on my paper and then embossed it with Wow Clear Embossing Powder........

 

Then using a paint brush and clean water ( I added a touch of blue so that you could see where I painted it ) I painted around the lower and upper part of the butterfly and trailed off at the ends to lay down a bed of water, this way the crystals find the areas nicely and stay with in these when mixing....

 
Then using my favourite colour of Brushos Ultramarine I added some crystals to the card and spritzed lightly the areas over the butterfly wings and around them. Next have patience, let the Brushos develop in between messing with them.......
 
 
After leaving them alone and watching them develop for a couple of minutes I took my clean paint brush and the colours in the butterfly spreading the water over them and then tailed off top and bottom with the brush to add more colour......
 
 
Now at this point it will be really intense and quite a block colour but remember that the colours are made up from lots of different colours and before I washed it in there were different crystal colours underneath. So take a clean piece of kitchen towel and blot of the whole thing......
 
 
Look what is underneath, its beautiful......
 
I could bore you with pictures at this point but I won't!!
 
 
Keep adding and blotting the artwork until you are happy.
 
Now for the raised butterfly......
 
I took my clean Craft Sheet and added some Ultramarine Crystals to it, I know Lime Green is pictured as well but this was another piece that I made for another card and I forgot to photograph just the blue one but you get the idea.
I then spritzed the crystals liberally with water.......
 
 
 
I then took another piece of water colour card and layed it on top and pressed down on it. I repeated this several times until the card was covered. Where the crystals were still thick I took a wet paint brush and swirled them around to add a pattern and texture to it.....
 
 
Once it was dry, I stamped and embossed my butterfly again but on this piece of card and then cut it out. I then added some Diamond Sparkle Medium on top of it using a small stencil brush and stippling it on, it really intensifies the colour......
 

Then I assembled the card all together cutting it down, stamping a Stampendous Life is Art message and a couple of Spotted Feather stamps on it too. I added the 3D butterfly using Cosmic Shimmer Glue and I then added a black matt behind it and attached it on to a 7" x 7" card and here it is.......
 
 
 I hope that you like my little Brushos step by step and fancy having a go and I will be back next week with more Brushos inspiration......
 
Have a great week.....
 
Big hugs Lisa B xx
 


2 comments:

  1. Very informative, I am enjoying this serie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thorough explanation, thank you. I like the idea of waiting to see how it develops! Lovely card. Am beginning to think that feather stamp needs to be on my list! Jan x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.