Tuesday 28 October 2014

Dark Is The Night

Good morning blog visitors, thanks for stopping by.
This card proved a big hit at the classes a few weeks ago, something I did not expect because it is not a typical Christmas card. When I made it, I thought it might be suitable for a winter birthday, which is why I didn't use a Christmas greeting.

It was very easy to make. I began by brayering a layer of Silver Satin Silkies onto black card, leaving it patchy................
If you haven't got a brayer you could of course use a paintbrush. Or try a baby wipe with a dabbing motion.
When the paint was dry - it was dry in seconds - I stamped the Woodware Clear Magic Forest stamps with clear embossing ink - you could also use Onyx Black Versafine - and heat set with WOW's Black Twinkle embossing powder...........


For the splatters, I mixed a little gesso with water, loaded a tapered paintbrush & flicked it over the card............
The finished card again......................


Forest Silkies Silver Satin   WS01 Black Twinkle  Emboss Ink Pads    VersaFine Ink pad - Onyx Black

Thanks for looking. Don't forget the current blog challenge is open until November 8. I'll be back on Sunday.

Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.