Saturday 13 April 2013

Kirsten’s Class Samples, part two

Good morning, happy Saturday, Kirsten here with a scheduled post. 
There's still too much going on for me to post regularly, so I've had to write a few posts at the same time & they will be published as & when. 
Hopefully, 'normal' service will be resumed at some point. I'd like to show you three of my projects for last week's class today. 
The first one you might recognise from this post.
   
 
    
  I started off by covering the MDF plaque with a piece of Parlor Wall paper from Graphic 45's Olde Curosity Shop collection, which I added splats of Rusty Hinge & Frayed Burlap distress stains to & blended a little Vintage Photo distress ink on top.
The central butterfly was stamped with Versamark & covered with WOW's copper EP & the other butterflies were coloured with Weathered Wood distress ink.
When I'd put the piece together I flicked water over it & very quickly put Fran'tage EP on top, then heat set.  I did the same with the flower. 
I needed a very small quote for this & the only suitable one I had was a Tim Holtz stamp from my stash.  
 
      
 
This is on an 8x8 card blank. 
The patterned paper is layered onto core'dinations card. 
The pattern was very subtle, especially after I added distress inks - Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Tea Dye - so I stamped the Kanban images with black Archival ink.
  The bird & kraft birdcage are Craftwork card, (I stamped onto the cage with black Archival ink & heat set with WOW's Clear Sparkle EP), the bird's wing is the heart-shaped centre of the cage. 
The flower is Hobby House & Crafts Too & the ribbon is a scrap from my stash.
 
      
 
 This is another 8x8 card.  I put the stencil on top of a piece of linen textured card  & pushed Versamark through it, removed the stencil & put black EP onto the card. 
After heat setting & letting it cool, I blended distress inks - Tea Dye, Walnut Stain - on top, leaving it patchy.
The torn, patterned paper is G45; Before Your Time from their Kraft Recollections collection, I blended distress ink over it too.
The piece of paper on the lower corner is just a piece of copy paper, stamped & 'aged' by crumpling & distress inks.
 I added lots of metal embellishments to finish, details below.

     Crads Samples 091
 


Before your Time 12" x 12" Paper  Decorative Key Steampunk Pack of 3 Brass  Decorative Key Steampunk Pack of 3 Ant' Silver  Watch Cogs Wheel Pack of 4 Brass   Vintage Selection - Gears 6pcs  Vintage Selection - Crochet Flowers Cream 6pcs  Mulberry Paper Cherry Blossoms - Vanilla Latte  STAMP03 Butterflies  STAMP06 Floral Schrolls  Hobby House Midnight Magic 5mm Pearls  Hobby House Golden Trio 5mm Pearls  Hobby House Chocolate Heaven 5mm Pearls  Hobby House Pearl 12mm Brads Vintage Mix   Watch Mask - That Special Touch 6" x 6"  Distress Stain Rusty Hinge  WC02 Metallic Copper   WH00 Ebony 160ml    WS15 Clear Sparkle 160ml 


Thanks for visiting the blog today & before I go, just a reminder about this month's challenge.  All details are HERE.

Kirsten.















No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.