Thursday 21 September 2017

A Layered Wreath Card with a Sprinkle of Beads



Good morning ladies and gents! Martina here with a more intricate take on the lovely Christmas Wreath nesting stamp set I have been looking at this month. I have shown some 'quick' makes over the last couple of weeks, so I thought I would show you my favourite card for this month, which is a bit more time consuming, but worth it.

I wanted a soft look to my card this time, so instead of using white card and bright colours, I went with a cream card topper base and some muted colour tones from the Versacolor Ink range. Just as before, I used my stamp press to add the three layers and colours to the wreath, but I did not ink the large bow at the top.


I then repositioned the mid-layer (cones/stick layer) stamp on my press, so that it was upside down. Inking only the cones, I stamped them onto the wreath once again.


Putting the red layer back into the press, I stamped lots of the poinsettia flowers all over some more cream cardstock. I needed 2 stamped flowers to create one for the wreath, as I wanted to layer them up for extra dimension. For the top layer in the flower, I simply cut away the lower leaves.


I added a sentiment from the Hobby Art Christmas Frosting Set to the middle of my wreath, stamped in the same brown as the cones. I then started to position where I wanted my flowers to sit around the wreath.


With the positioning sorted, I moulded the flowers with an embossing tool to give them some 'movement' and glued them down. As I had not stamped with the brown layer when stamping all the flowers to be cut out, there was no detail to the middles of them. I started by adding some brown dots with a pen, but they looked really flat, so I decided to do one of my favourite things - add beads! I found some tiny amber coloured seed beads from my stash, added some Silicone Glue to the middle of each flower and placed some beads on top. I left these overnight to dry, so that I was not tempted to prod them...


All done! I am pleased with this one, anyone who knows me knows that I hate cutting out, but the flowers weren't that fiddly, so this was not too bad! It is one of those things you could do in front of the telly I suppose...



The next Grove Green workshop is on Sunday, October 15 and it's all about Imagination Crafts' fabulous Rusty Patina. Click for info and booking details.

See you next week for my last wreath card!
Love
Martina
xxx

Christmas Wreath 1 Christmas Frosting HAVersacolor Brown Clear Silicone Adhesive



No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.