Friday 25 August 2017

Card-io Alfresco

Hi there crafter, I hope all is well with you.
 
It's been a very trying month for me so far but it's getting better :o)
 
So today's little card is using the Card-io stamps and the Versacolor ink pads, I think they complement each other so well and I love using them.
 
 
I took my usual 7" x 7" white card then cut a square of black card about 3/4" smaller then white for my main image just slightly smaller than the black.
 
I wanted to keep it in the same vein as Lisa's classes because I think the cards look so classy.
 
The first thing I did was to place my white card onto the Press to Impress keep it in place with the two of the little magnets then placed two of the hot air balloons from the Up, Up and Away Card-io set face down on the card, then also placed the table from the Card-io Alfresco set face down where I wanted to stamp them.  I brought the cover over to pick up the stamps ready for inking.
 
I inked up the balloons with Versacolor Cinnamon and Baby Blue then the table using Cement.
 

 
Next I lined up the umbrella pole this time inking with the Heliotrope.
 
 
 
 To add some extra shading on the table and umbrella, I took a fine tipped paint brush and painted in some areas directly from the ink pad, quite easy and very effective, although you can't really see it so well here, but it does look nice in real life :o)
 
Next I stamped the little clouds on to some Woodware Mask-it  and cut them out.  I then placed them on the top half of the card, over the balloons and various places, then masked off the bottom of the card.
 
Then I'd cut some Mylar into the shape of some hills and taped that into place and dabbed in some VersaColor Sage to create the hills, then moved the Mylar along for another little hill.  Again I used the paint brush technique here to create the shading.
 
 
 
I removed the Mylar and the masking tape and dabbed in some Versacolor Sky Blue to create the sky.
 
Next I stamped various flowers from the Summer Meadow set, any flowers will do here, using various colours from the Versa Color range and adding a sentiment.
 
To finish off the card, I thought I use a Micron Fineliner Pen to colour in the balloon baskets and draw a few dashes and dots around the card to make it pop a little.
 
Here's the card again :o)
 
 
 
I hope you like the little offering today and hope to see you again very soon.
 
Don't forget if you're free this coming Sunday and you fancy grabbing a crafting bargain, or three, then the Allington Community Association Family Fun Day is the place to be..................!


Thank you for dropping by the blog today.
Love Jan -x-
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.