Thursday 28 September 2017

A Sparkly Wreath for Christmas


Good morning all! Martina here with a sparkly take on the Christmas Wreath Stamp by Nellie Snellen. How many Christmas cards have you made already? My daughter has already made her 'special ones', written them and put them in envelopes (this was actually all done by August!). If only I was a bit more prepared...

This week I have gone all sparkly with embossing powders for my card. I hadn't really 'twigged' that using this stamp and its layers would be perfect for creating an embossed design!! Coupled with the use of a stamp press and you are 'cooking on gas'...

Now my excuse for the lack of photos here is simply that, well, I kind of forgot. It is such a simple card to do, it really doesn't need them anyway, you'll see what I mean...

Using some black card, I cut a topper and put in my stamp press. I placed the first wreath layer (greenery) into position and then stamped onto the card with Versamark. Removing the card, I applied some green Embossing Powder. The next layer was the cones/twigs layer, so I repeated the same process again with brown powder. The final layer is the red berries, bow and flowers. Now at this point I had a slight 'poo' moment, (!) as when I added the powder and heat embossed, you could hardly see the detail. The reason for this was that I had used some very old (12 years) red embossing powder that I bought very cheaply... The solution here was to simply put the card back in the press and repeat the stamping over the top and add more powder. This effectively meant that I was 'double embossing'. Still not happy, I then 'triple embossed' and then, well, what ever the next one would be...(quadruple embossed? Is that a thing?) Eventually I got there folks! (I then chucked my powder away...)
 The sentiment from the Hobby Art Christmas Frosting Set was added in the same way, this time with Wow White Powder


All layered onto a card blank, some white dashes and all done. I think it would have taken half the time if I had had some decent powder...lesson learnt!



The next Grove Green workshop is on Sunday, October 15 and it's all about Imagination Crafts' fabulous Rusty Patina. Click for info and booking details.

See you soon,
Martina
xxx
Opaque Bright White WEP Versamark Ink Pad Christmas Wreath 1 Christmas Frosting HA


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.