Wednesday 5 October 2016

October Newsletter



Hello, everyone, welcome to the October newsletter - HOW is it October already??!! I hope you had a great September, wasn't it nice having some warm weather to the end of the month? As I mentioned in the previous newsletter, September was a busy month for me. Kirsten and I took a stall at the Southern Model Show in Headcorn, we had a great time and it's likely that we will be there next year. I demoed for Imagination Crafts at the Stitching, Sewing and Hobbycrafts show in Exeter last weekend, which was madly busy and we had a great time - apart from the Sundaywhich I missed. (Thank you to everyone for the kind words and messages). I returned yesterday from Liverpool, where I was demoing for Imagination at the Happy Stampers show in Port Sunlight. That's always a fun show to do and Port Sunlight is a lovely place to visit. 

In other news, I was excited and thrilled when I realised that the Lisa B Designs Facebook page had reached 457 'likes', thank you very much to everyone who has signed up. I'm going to do a giveaway of some sort when we reach 500, just to say thank you. Wouldn't it be nice if that happened before Christmas..... :-)

If you've visited the website in the past week, you've probably seen the new Christmas Art Stamps from Imagination Crafts. They are beautiful images and perfect for vintage style Christmas cards.

         

I've also added the new Christmas Art-Cutz and some new stencils to the website and restocked Starlights, Alchemy Waxes and Sparkle Medium. You can find all the new products in the What's New section.

This coming Friday, October 7 is Class Day in Fant Lane Community Hall in Maidstone. You will make two Christmas cards, using the Imagination Christmas Script Art Stamp, Pine Trees Art Stamp & either the Santa Claus or the Winter Robin Art Stamp. We will be using them with Starlights paints, Sparkle Medium and Distress inks.


**I will be supplying pre-stamped images, so if you own any of the Christmas Art Stamps and would prefer to choose your own image, you are welcome to bring them along.**

To save you having to wait for items it would be helpful if you would also bring the following:

A brayer
Paintbrushes - small and medium
Versafine Onyx Black ink pad
***Please make sure your items are labelled with your name.***

Class times on Friday are 2.30 to 5.30 and 6.30 to 9.30. There are still places available in both, so if you would like to join us, please contact me on 01622 675078, by Wednesday evening, October 5. This gives me time to prepare your class project kit.

The cost of the class is £16. This includes your projects, a tool kit to use during the class and complimentary tea/coffee with a slice of cake. A deposit of £6, or full payment in advance, will secure your place. Please make any cancellations three days in advance, this gives me time to try to fill your place. After that, deposits are non-refundable.

The mobile shop will be in Fant Hall from 2.30 to 9.30 on Friday night - remember to bring your loyalty cards! The shop is open to all, so even if you're not attending a class, feel free to drop in.

You are welcome to purchase items in advance from the website and I will bring your order with me on Friday. Please complete your online order by Wednesday evening, October 5, so that I can pick everything before loading the van. 


PLEASE NOTE: At the October class I will be asking you to choose your project - an Imagination Crafts large MDF Bauble -  for the Christmas Party Class in December. Quantities of these are now limited, so I need to order them as soon as possible. I will have examples of the baubles at Friday's classes, you can also see them on Imagination's website.

Later this month I'm off to Spain for some rest and relaxation - I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it! When I get back, I'll be going to Birmingham for the Christmas Hobbycrafts show at the NEC to demo for Imagination Crafts.

**This year, the show is falling on the first weekend of November, which is when I should be holding the Maidstone classes. I have managed to postpone the classes to the 
FOLLOWING Friday, November 11. I will remind you of the date change again, nearer the time.**

I think that's all my news for now. Thank you for your support. Have a great October and until next time, happy crafting.

Hugs, Lisa B x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.