Friday 22 April 2016

Woodware Poppy and Dylusions

 
Hello crafters, hope you are all well, sorry I haven't been around, it's been very busy.
 
Today's card is very different for me in the way of colour, and I do like it, the Dylusions have lots of vibrant colours.
 
 
So I started with a 7" x 7" white card and matted it with silver mirri, then created another matt with white card but stamped it around the edges using the script stamp from the Hobby Art Poppy Heads Stamp Set and Memento.
 
I then stamped the Woodware Field of Poppies onto some Super Smooth card twice using Versafine Black Onyx and embossed it with WOW Clear Powder
 
 
 
I then coloured them in using the following:
 
Postbox Red - Poppies
Fresh Lime - Grass, Poppy Buds, Leaves
Lemon Zest - Sun
White Linen for mixing
 
The second image I'd stamped I used to decoupage the flower heads and buds. 
 
 
To create the various greens I used a little bit of black acrylic paint for the leaves then lightened it again with more of the Fresh Lime to get a slightly different hue for the flower buds.  To make the London Blue lighter for the sky I just added a little of the white until I got the desired colour.  I cut out the images and mounted them on the image with foam pads.
 
 
I then just mounted it all together onto the card but wanted to break up the harsh stamped background so just added another matt before layering the image onto silver mirri and foam mounted onto the card.
 
I then added some clear gems, a Sue Wilson Classic Bow and a couple of little butterflies.
 
 
Short and sweet today, but I hope you like it and get inspired with the Woodware Stamps and Dylusions :o)
 
Love Jan xx
 
 

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.