Monday 22 February 2016

Layered Hobby Art Card





Good morning, Kirsten here. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. This is a scheduled post, as Lisa & I are the CHSI trade show at the NEC in Birmingham. 

For today's card, I used:


This is the second version of this card. After finishing the first one, I decided I didn't like it, so I took it apart, cutting off the poppy heads, the textured stencilling & the sentiment & matting them on to black card.


I began the background by stamping the text stamp from the Poppy Heads set & the hessian stamp from the Textures set with a permanent grey ink, making sure to get partial images only by not covering the stamps with ink. Then I began applying Fresh Lime, Cut Grass & lemon Zest Dylusions with baby wipes, knocking back some of the colour with White Linen Dylusions.........



I have no photos of the next step, but it was just stamping more of the Texture stamps with permanent green & purple inks & splatters of white gesso, mixed with water............



I painted scraps of white Super Smooth card with Grape Crush & Squeezed Orange Dylusions, stamped the poppies with black ink, added shading with London Blue & Postbox Red, cut out the flowers & added the hand-drawn leaves & stems with a permanent black pen............


The finished card again..............


 Poppy Heads   Textures    Cut Grass   Fresh Lime    Lemon Zest    London Blue    Postbox Red    Squeezed Orange  White Linen   Honeycomb Graceful Birthday   Dimension Paste - Glossy White

That's it from me for this week. I'll be back next Monday with my final Hobby Art cards for this month. Have a great week.

Kirsten

4 comments:

  1. Stunning, the poppies really pop and love the idea of cutting out the honeycomb, never dreamed of doing that xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely mixed media card! Hope you are enjoying the show (as well as working hard!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Kirsten. You have such a clever way with colour and texture. Worth the effort xx Fab for spring xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this card honey, right up my street.... beautiful and clever xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.