Friday 19 February 2016

Hobby Art By The Sea Pop Up

 
Hello all, how cold has it been this week!!  So I thought a bit of seaside fun was in order.
 

 
First I used my template to make a pop up box card and cut out some black card then white card for the matting and layering for each panel.
 

 
 I then stamped the white panels using Antique Linen Distress Ink and the Hobby Art Shells Stamp Set Sea Anenomie and the Textures Stamp Set image that looks like mesh.

I then stamped two of each of the Hobby Art Shells Stamp images, I stamped the beach huts from the Summer Holiday Stamp Set three times.  I coloured them all in using watercolour pencils and then cut them all out. 




Once they were all cut out I decided they needed lifting, so I got some Diamond Sparkle Medium and some Cut and Dry Foam and foiled all of the images, as follows: 
On a crafting mat I placed about half a teaspoon of the Sparkle Medium and dabbed it with the Cut and Dry until it was absorbed, then transferred that to the cut out image by dabbing once again.
 

 
I then stuck the above images onto the three top smaller panels using either Cosmic Shimmer or mounting foam.
 
 
 
 It was then time to assemble the box, so the back and front large panels went on first, followed by the bottom three............which I then foam mounted the beach huts on to.  Then added the top three panels.


 I then cut two strips of card 2.5cm x 10cm and creased each end at 1.5mm and glued inside the box to create the struts to hold the embellishments.  I cut some acetate 2 cm x 10 cm and stuck one of the larger imaged onto one end before placing on the struts.  I created a little birthday sentiment using peels offs and to put a little bit of humour into it I crossed out the W from the Wishes and replaced it with an F, oh dear, did I really do that :o)    I thought for a little added texture and if it wasn't going through the post some fine netting could be threaded through the struts to look like fishing net.

Here's a coupe of close ups and the card again from two angles.

 
 




Just a little bit of fun, hope you enjoyed it and thanks as always for looking at the blog.  See you again next week, Love Jan -x-
 
 
  
 
  
   


3 comments:

  1. Love the card Jan, you have really made a fun and original pop-up! Lovely to use some bright and fresh colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card honey, I absolutely love it....so beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, this is gorgeous! It was a big success at Friday's classes, everyone loved it.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.