Friday 22 January 2016

Brusho's & Lavinia

 
Hi there crafters, continuing with more favourites from 2015, this time I've used Brusho's and some lovely Lavinia Stamps.
 
 
First of all I must apologise for the lack of photos today..............I got so engrossed with making the card I forgot to stop and take some, so I will explain in as much detail as possible.
 
I used a 7" x 7" white card and matted it with black card, I then cut a piece of water colour card slightly smaller than the black to embellish.
 
I created a background using the Brusho's Ultra Marine and Yellow and went ahead and spritzed my craft mat with a fair amount of water before peppering with the Ultra Marine first and then the Yellow.  I took the water colour card and laid it onto the colours pressing it down to ensure the whole card was covered, lifting it to see, and if there were some white areas I dabbed it back into the colour.  Once covered, it's a personal preference of mine to take a piece of kitchen paper and dabbed the wet card to create a lighter effect, then if I want to, I lay down some more water and paint and repeat the process until I'm happy, I usually do this a couple of times :o)  then dry with a heat gun.
 
The next thing was to randomly stencil the background with the Imagination Craft Bubble Background Stencil using Mowed Lawn Distress Ink.  Then using the same ink I stamped all over the image with some of the Hobby Art Decorative Background Stamps.
 
To create the main image I used the Mowed Lawn again and the following Lavinia Stamps:
 
Butterflies
(Sorry these are not on the web at the moment)
 
I went ahead and stamped the foliage stamps using the Mowed Lawn and second generation stamped them onto the background, so inking, then stamp onto scrape paper or card then stamp onto the background.  Once that was all done I went over the area again but this time using Memento.
 
I then decided to cut out a set of the wings with Acetate, smooth over some Cosmic Shimmer Glue and covered it in Glamour Dust then cut a small slit in the fairy back and slotted in the acetate wings so they stood out.
 
 
This looks better in the flesh, I actually run my glue pen down the card a few time and sprinkled with Glamour Dust to create some rain drop but they're not very clear here, the card will be at the next workshop in February.
 
I then took a small strip of white card and painted it with Imaginations Crafts Starlights Menthol and dried with a heat gun before place the peel off sentiments and cutting down to the size I wanted and using foam pads stuck them on the card as you see here.

 
The card was all matted together and done.  Very quick so I hope you like it and see you again next Friday.
Love Jan -x-
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, the Brushos background is perfect for this whimsical scene, and for me too these where favourite of 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, the background is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Jan, lovely earthy colours and the words look fab coming down the page. Fairies are always a winner with me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely magical card, love everything about it honey xx

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.