Thursday 19 June 2014

Blessings and Wisdom


Hi! It's Georgina.
Today I have a card to share with you using lovely flowers, butterfly and wording stamps by Lavinia, which are available from Lisa B Designs.
 

To make this card I started by cutting a square of white card. I cut it larger than the final required size. I covered the square with a layer of Lavender Lace Silkies which I painted onto the card with a brush. Once dry I stamped on wording, Zen Butterflies, and Zen Mini Flower stamps with a black ink pad. I used a Post-It note to mask off the butterfly wing so I could stamp the other butterfly over the top so it would look behind the first butterfly.


I stamped the butterfly again onto a piece of white card. I added a little water to the Silkies paint that was left from painting the background before painting the butterfly with it. Once dry I cut out the wings and top part of the boy as one piece.
 

I cut the painted background square to a smaller size. Where parts of the stamped image went over the edge of the new size square then I just cut around them. I added the background to a square of black card before attaching to a 148x148mm white card blank.
 

To finish the card I added white and black dots and Opal White Liquid Pearls.
 

 Silkies - Lavender Lace  Zen Butterfly  Zen Mini Flowers  Straight Edge Card Pack 148 x 148mm - WhiteLiquid Pearls - Opal White

4 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed seeing these amazing samples and today in no exception......the Zen Butterfly is gorgeous and probably one of the prettiest butterfly stamps I've seen. Lovely tutorial, looking forward to tomorrow's post already xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card to inspire. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, great colour, pleased you have used this stamp as it's so pretty,look forward to the next post. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love how you've made one of the butterflies 3D. Very effective. x

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.