Tuesday 18 February 2014

Template Resist


Hello crafters, Kirsten here, I hope you’re all well.
I’ve got another resist technique card to show you today, using a template so that you get the effect in certain areas only.

009

 
I made a simple template by die cutting circles from a piece of kraft card.


005


Then I stamped the Joy Craft Vintage Flourish flower stamp with Victorian Velvet distress ink through a few of the circles, making sure I protected the remaining circles with scrap paper. Next, I used a clean piece of Cut & Dry foam to apply embossing ink through all of the circles. I removed the template & covered the circles with clear embossing powder & heat set.


006


The next step was to blend Weathered Wood DI over all of the card, then wipe it off the embossed circles with a clean cloth/paper towel. You could also use a baby wipe, but you need to ensure you don’t wipe off any ink from outside the circles.


007


I wanted to create the illusion of more depth, so I replaced the template, but I offset it just slightly. Then, using the edge of the blending foam, I applied more Weathered Wood DI. Again, be careful to keep the ink just where you want it, make sure it doesn’t mark other areas of the card. Remove the template & you’ve got shadows on one side of the circles.


008


To finish the card I die cut the Joy Craft Vintage Flourish coordinating die twice, on scraps of card I’d inked with Evergreen Bough & Victorian Velvet DIs. I cut the petals from the VV piece & glued them onto the EB die cut with Cosmic Shimmer glue.
 
 I cut a piece of silver diamond mesh & added the die cut heart & greeting from the
 Craftwork Cards Opulence collection. I covered the heart with Glossy Accents (it was still wet when I took the photo) & added a dew adhesive pearls. Finally, I framed the card with some scribbled lines & layered it onto a piece of CWC Opulence patterned paper.
 

009



Clear Stamp - flower / leaf 1     Vintage Flourishes - Flower / Leaf 1    Opulence Collection Pack      WA01 Clear Gloss 160ml   Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Pad  Mini Glossy Accents

                                     1/2 metre of silver Diamond Mesh   Versamark Ink Pad   Blending Tool for inks  



That’s all for now, thanks for looking. There are still ten days left to take part in the blog challenge, we’d love to see more entries.
 
 Until next time, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.