Tuesday 29 January 2013

Mermaid in a Bottle

(Obviously, you should NEVER put a mermaid into a bottle, but as this is a paper mermaid, I think she'll be okay)
 
Good evening, blog visitors, Kirsten here, happy Tuesday.  A very quick post from me tonight to show you this little item.  I needed a break from playing with papers & inks & paints, but this idea came to me & I just happened to have an empty jar.
 
 
 
The little mermaid is from Hobby House.  The lid was originally black, so I painted it with acrylic paints & added baker's twine & junk jewellery around the neck.
 
There's blue embossing powder in the bottom & I added a little glitter to the shells.
 
 
 
 
No brilliant techniques with this, it's just a little bit of fun & maybe it'll spark an idea for something different.
 
 
 
I've been in contact with Lisa via email, she's fine, but very busy.  We'll get together on Friday morning, before class, (the first classes of 2013 - yaaay!!!), to catch up & I'll get the information on new products that she will have available.  I also want to hear more of her CHA adventures. 
 
Both classes on Friday are fully booked, but Lisa does have a reserve list, so if you'd like to be added, please email her at enquiries@lisabdesigns.co.uk   Dates of this year's classes can be found HERE.  Places fill very quickly, so again, contact Lisa to reserve yours.
 
There's still two days left before the end of this month's challenge, so if you've made a Spring-themed project, why not enter it, via the linky tool.  You could win £20 to spend at lisabdesigns.co.uk  Speaking of which, the SALE is still on.  The bargains are disappearing fast, so if you feel the need for new stash, get in quick.
 
Right, I have to go.  I hope to be back to post the February challenge on Friday morning.  Until then, happy crafting.
 
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know what you think, so please feel free to leave a comment. Every one is greatly appreciated.